Wrapsol...my first review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmack549, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jmack549 macrumors 6502

2. Confessions macrumors newbie

Very nice for a first review, was debating between wrapsol or bodyguardz but you sealed the deal.

Great pictures too, thanks.

3. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

Glad I could help...I personally haven't had a chance to use the bodyguardz, but you will be very happy with your Wrapsol.

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Awesome! Nice and detailed with plenty of pictures, exactly how I like it :) Good job

5. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! :D

If anyone has any requests on things they would like reviewed, please let me know. I'm very open.

6. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

the corner's are precisely the areas needed when you drop your iPhone

this is like getting a bike helmet that only protects your ears
    it' pretty much just a glorified matte sticker, and not a true shield,

btw i liked the pics :D

good review, just not a fan of the product

Attached Files:

7. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I have the Wrapsol on my phone now, and I love it, but like everyone else, my complaint is the lack of coverage on the corners. The matte back looks good, but I switched the front protection from the Wrapsol to the BSE because the Wrapsol's corners kept lifting up on me with certain cases.

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@jmack549 very nice review, full of pics many thanks! :) i like very much the wrapsol film but i'm unable to find it through retail stores in Italy, think will order directly from the manufacturer..

9. jmack549 thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree to an extent, but shields aren't great for drops anyways. I feel like the shield fits my needs for times I would typically get scratches on my phone; laying it on my desk, having it slide around my car, etc. But I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for the comments on my review!

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Love the Wrapsol, imo it's the best matte protection.
    Fyi i also reviewed it, link in the sig.

11. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

actually I thought this as well

but on my last iphone 3G, I slapped an Invisible shield on it the day I bought it.

after a few months of use, I had dropped it at least 5-6 times, probably twice on concrete. This left some damage on the shield, but besides the "drop points" the rest of the shield was scratch free ( the IS/BSE tend to "heal" well from scratches)

5 months later when I had to return my iPhone to apple due to the touch screen not working I decided to peel the invisible shield off to see what kind of damage the phone had taken

With the exception of one corner that had been hit on an area where the shield did no protect it ( no shield has 100% coverage) the rest of the phone, and almost all of the chrome was completely scratch free

so yeah the shields are thicker, not as pretty, and can collect lint but they provide at the least low level drop protection

That said, if wrapsol ever decides on making a matte "full rear cover" I think I would give it a shot, the matte look definitely looks nice

12. kicko macrumors 65816

I have been wanting to try a wrapsol but I currently have my phone in a slider and like the protection. What if i put on a wrapsol with something like a the tech21 band?

13. NLUCS macrumors newbie

BodyGuardz

My name is Annie. I am a customer support representative for NLU Products, maker of BodyGuardz. I saw this thread and thought I would provide a picture of BodyGuardz applied to an iPhone 3G so you could see what the corner coverage looks like:

[​IMG]

These invisible protectors are made from the same material that is used to shield the front of automobiles from stones and other abrasive elements, so it does provide great protection.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@nluproducts.com.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Though because of the full corner coverage it is a lot harder for most people to apply. So that is why a Wrapsol would be a better choice.

15. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

yeaaaah no

Corner + Bezel protection >> a little inconvenience

The problem is that people don't have the patience to follow the instructions ( it says you have to leave the phone alone for 12+ hours for the adhesive to dry). This is the reason most people get peeling edges/lint. I do admit that after time both the IS/BG shield corners will lift a bit, but this is easy to remedy with some sharp nail cutters

anyways I don' think we should turn this into a wrapsol vs shields thread, just that the two are very different products ( you trade simplicity for protection)

that reminds me I need a new rear shield for my phone

16. sravana macrumors regular

I just put the Wrapsol on my new white 3GS yesterday, and I am happy with the back - it's not so slick, easier to hold on to.

That being said, I *hate* the front shield. I'd been using the air case glossy screen protector on my Touch, and it's way nicer and more responsive. They said that any small air bubbles would evaporate after a day, but my iPhone still looks hazy, and it is much less responsive than the one on the iPod.

At this time I'd give the back a 9/10, the front a 3/10. YMMV and all that.

ETA: very nice review, btw! :)