wrapsol on MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by February1088, Apr 30, 2010.

1. February1088 macrumors member

I just went ahead and bought InvisibleShield but did not apply it yet. I saw one guy's review on Wrapsol on his mbp and I thought the pictures looked great because the MBP looked like it didn't have any sticker over it like it does for IS. Question is, Im having a hard time getting info about wrapsol on MBP. To the people who have tried out, whats the major difference between that and invisible shield? I'm thinking about buying wrapsol and selling my (unopened) invisible shield

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Just use the invisible shield, your not going to find a better product.

3. andrew086 macrumors regular

I'd say only use the invisibleSHIELD if you don't mind the glossy look. Also, the wrapsol doesn't cover the entire computer. All it coves is the top, the palm rest, the trackpad, the bottom, and the corners. The sides are not covered. If you're afraid that the sides will get scratched, go with the invisibleSHIELD, but I wouldn't fret over it unless you throw your laptop in a backpack full of pencils or something often.

I got the IS too before I knew about the wrapsol and when I opened the IS, it was already scratched. Going to ask for a refund and get the wrapsol.

BTW, make sure that you get the wrapsol from Amazon if you're getting it for the 15" or 17", you can get a pretty good discount
    15": http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TG3D5C/
    17": http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IB2098/

I'm not sure if you get the lifetime warranty when you buy it from Amazon though, I asked customer support and have yet to receive a response.

4. February1088 thread starter macrumors member

i put it on yesterday and it took me a f***ing long time (3 hours)
    but thats only because I suck at doing this

That said, i think it looks great. It looks way better than invisibleshield on mbp and i think the paper is thinner so it should heat up my laptop less than IS would. I also use speck see thru hard shell with this so the sides are protected. I didn't put on the trackpad part. The only thing I don't like about this product is that the corners don't really stick on, they seem to overflow, but maybe thats because i didn't align it properly.

I think it was worth it.

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

Can you tell me how the material feels? Does it feel like the aluminum or what?

6. February1088 thread starter macrumors member

^ I don't know how aluminium is supposed to feel like, but I definately don't feel a cheap sticker type of feeling. Yes there is a slight difference of feeling between the wrapsol'd area and the naked part but the wrapsol'd area still feels like i'm touching metal. Hope this helps

7. Jottle macrumors 6502

IMO bodyguardz is better than invisibleshield and wrapsol. As long as you don't mind it being slightly shiny, the bodyguardz will cover more area on your mbp (except the apple logo on the lid)

ilounge review: click

8. andrew086 macrumors regular

:( I ordered a wrapsol on Amazon.com and they shipped it in a padded envelope. Unfortunately, the package must have been jostled around too much and the glass spray bottle cracked, spilling water on the entire package. Getting a replacement hopefully by tomorrow.