Wrapsol Original + Incipio Feather = good combo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by csunflip, Jul 1, 2010.

1. csunflip macrumors regular

Anyone have this setup?

Getting my Wrapsol original today and looking to add a bumper.

Have the Griffin Reveal in white....but damn this thing stains. Going in and out of my back pockets leaving jean color stains on the bumper! Going back to Best Buy ASAP!

Still no word from Incase and need a good solution now!

I'm afraid of the lint factor with the Wrapsol and the feather not reaching all the way up to the front screen!

I'm all bent out of shape....hahahaha stupid phone!!!

2. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Well, someone posted there that thickness of the Wrapsol original was lifting up when used with a Bumper. Apparently the Bumper lifts the edges of the top screen.

I would think with a Wrapsol original, you'd want to show off that matte back. The Incipio Feather would cover it up.

I'm checking out the Agent 18 'bumper' that's supposed to be coming out soon. Or, I might just stick with the naked i4. I really do like the design and don't want to cover it with a case.

3. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I posted the pics of the bumper/wrapsol issue I'm having earlier today. I just reinstalled the wrapsol screen protector to see if I could get more of the micro-bubbles out and somehow stretch it a bit such that the bumper does lot meet up right where the protector ends.

I think the screen protector makers should consider a version that is slightly oversized version for use with the bumper.

While I do really like the look of the matte back cover, I expect when it's all said and done, I'll end up with the Feather and PS HD Antiglare sheild (assuming reviews are good when it comes out).

Spending way too much on this junk.

4. csunflip thread starter macrumors regular

Just ordered the Feather and installed my Wrapsol Original today....

I will see how this works out. The Wrapsol install went great....even while installing it during a conference call at work =)

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

My bumper is installed in a way that gently wraps the skin, preventing peels when you stick the phone in a tight pocket. You have to work it carefully with the round part of your fingernail keeping the skin edge smoothed down as you work the bumper lip on top of it. It takes craftsmanship, in a way. Just like doing a decent skin application.

6. csunflip thread starter macrumors regular

7. Dysic macrumors newbie

I will be using this combo (Incipio feather + Wrapsol original) as well. I want minimal protection to get the natural feel of the iphone.

I did a bit of research and it seems these 2 products are very popular and top of the line for their purpose.

Maybe...the only combo that can top this is (Incipio feather + Power Support (not yet out)).

Again, this is what I've learned from my hours of research....it'd be a lot better if someone with experience with these products could chime in!

8. WahooSF macrumors newbie

I'll be using the Zagg IS with the Incipio Feather, but it looks like the Feather affects the flash. Guess we'll just have to wait for newer cases in the next few months.

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Keeping an eye on this thread. Wondering if the wrapsol skin on the back will fit with the Incipio feather case. I've used cases in the past and even though I take it off to wipe the dust that gets caught in between, I still seemed to get scratches so I hope it'll fit with a skin on the back.

10. csunflip thread starter macrumors regular

Getting my feather today...

I will let you know how it turns out. Got my matte back but did not put the sides on.

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Perfect! If possible, could you post a couple photos also? Thanks!

12. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

I'll be trying the Zagg IS back, Powersupport antiglare front and a bumper. hopefully that'll work. anyone have any experience with the bumper and a protector if the shield was allowed to set for a few days?

13. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I too have thought about this combination, but rather than the wrapsol, I am going to use a Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector.

I have one left (2 came in the set), since the first one got ruined when I tried to install the Ifrogz Luxe case over the protector.

I just dont like the fact that the feather leaves the front glass corners exposed to impact. I would imagine a drop on the corners would cause some bad damage.

I will keep everyone posted, I am going to order the feather today.
    I tried a sicrylic case today, but it makes the phone look weird, plus the silicone portion of the case gathers lint.

14. csunflip thread starter macrumors regular

Wrapsol matte back fits fine with Incipio. Dont have pics yet...unless my phone can take pics of itself!

I will try to get some up tonight.

15. Dysic macrumors newbie

What do you think of Wrapsol Original + Incipio?

Does it offer decent protection but still maintain the natural feel/look of the iphone?

I wanted this combo because it's very minimal!

16. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I put the sides on mine. Still waiting for the feather to arrive. Any issues using the sides you think? They are so thin I can't see the tolerances being that tight, but you never know. I'd be fine with removing the sides if needed. The back protection from dust / scratches is all I really wanted.

I had a really thin Incase on my 3GS (loved the case itself), but the plastic back of the phone got these nicks and scratches from dust getting in.

17. Dysic macrumors newbie

Wrapsol side protection doesn't fit in the incipio case. I had to take them off.

18. lunarcamel macrumors newbie

I can only comment on the Incipio feather - its perfect! Feels good, not too bulky and no more death grip issues.

Adding any case is going to impact the 'design'