Wrapsol Original

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fluffyfingerrs, Jul 2, 2010.

1. fluffyfingerrs macrumors newbie

Hey all, I just installed the Wrapsol Original kit on my iPhone 4. I absolutely love the back matte finish as I now feel protected from scratches until I find a case that doesnt make me vomit or mess with my flash. However, i did remove my invisible shield front protector to replace it with the wrapsol and I noticed it was much hazier than my old. I know it says that it will slowly dry up and diminish but I wanted to see if any of you can verify that it does in fact. I honestly cannot remember how my invisible shield looked after install because I had just got out of line after waiting 15+ hours for the phone itself, so I wasn't quite there. I do know that i loved the clarity of the invisible shield, just not the rubber sticky feeling of it. Thanks for any info, I hope the wrapsol will become just as clear for me :D

2. robby818 macrumors 6502a

It does in fact get better. I applied the front piece yesterday and many of the bubbles have gone away. My back piece arrived creased so I am awaiting a new one. I am not sure how I feel about using the front piece long term...I am waiting for PowerSupport to release their crystal film but until then the wrapsol will do.

3. fluffyfingerrs thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I'll give it a few days to clear up. I may have to go back to invisible shield if it doesn't though. I guess I can live with the rubbery feeling to get the maxium clarity. When do the powersupport protectors come out?

4. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

They start shipping July 26.

5. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I was in an Apple store and played with the demo iphone 4's and wsa struck by how beutiful the display is..i put the wrapsol on as soon as i got my phone so never got a chance to see how amazing the display is without a protector. I would not use zagg, wrapsol, or bestskins because it detracts from the sharpness of the screen. However, I am surprised by how little it seems to interfere with the touch sensitivity.

6. fluffyfingerrs thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, obviously I'd love to just go without a screen protector, but I'm too afraid to ruin such an investment. So I think sacrificing a tad bit of the amazing display to keep it flawless is worth it in the long run. Seems like sticking with a wrapsol until I can give the powersupport a shot is the way to go. That is as long as the haziness "evaporates."