Wrapsol Question on Different Types?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thehopscotch, Jun 15, 2010.

1. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Wrapsol is offering two types of coverings for the iPhone 4..."original scratch protection"...and "ultra drop + scratch protection." Does anyone know what the difference is?

Is one a lot thicker?

Anyone used one or the other on your 3G or 3GS? If so, which one, and do you recommend it?

2. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

Look 4 post down. There are also more on this subject all over this section.

3. Psant macrumors regular

I was doing some research on this too. The regular is thinner, but has more of a "grip" with a matte back I believe, and the ultra is thicker and glossy on the back. The ultra supposedly can take drops from 6 feet and leave no dents, marks, scratches, etc. It's kind of cool, I'm going to pre-order the ultra.

Oh one more thing, the regular is wet application and the ultra is dry application.

Also use the code "chatter" for 20% off.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Can the front and back of both Wrapsol types work with its edges underneath an Apple bumper?

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Get the regular, not ultra. No stupid plastic film is going to prevent the screen from shattering. The regular has a matte finish, which is awesome- IMO.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I personally ordered Ultra. Yes, it does prevent damage from drops (did well on my 3G)... but it's not gonna stop anything from cracking the glass. ;)

It's really a matter if you like gloss or matt back. It's your call. For the iPhone 4, I don't think it will make a huge difference.