Wrapsol Review BEWARE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by proathlete03, Jul 4, 2010.

1. proathlete03 macrumors member

Wrapsol Ultra sucks, period. The strips that go along the sides are crappy, the whole thing is crappy. The screen protector is way too thick, you really feel it when pressing the home button.

Wrapsol Original is fantastic, at least certain parts of it. The back is my favorite. It makes the back of the iPhone 4 look acrylic (like the tops they put on restaurant tables). I love the back, it really makes it look good and classy.
    The screen protector with the original is much thinner, I like it, but there were some spots on mine from the manufacturing process.

Customer service rocks, they'll send you a new one. I say try it out until SGP comes out with their solution....!

2. xenopower2 macrumors member

3. Psant macrumors regular

My Wrapsol came in extremely fast and looks cut well. Too bad I don't have an iPhone yet. Sigh.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

While of course he's going to include marketing in his posts (because he works for Wrapsol), he's also going to know what he's talking about because he works in the business. It's like saying Apple doesn't know how to build a phone because of some of the issues people are reporting. It's not much different. I personally think you don't know what you're talking about. Just sayin.

Wrapsol isn't junk 'cause their first batch sucked. I use it and I love it. At least they have one happy customer.

5. Waflsk8s macrumors member

His post kind of seemed like random words strung together to make a sentence. I'm sure that the screen protectors do offer some kind of effect, I'm not sure that he explained it all that well, but that could just be me with my limited wikipedia knowledge speaking.

6. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

7. aluren macrumors 65816

I don't feel any over heating with my Ultra, and I actually prefer the thicker shield than a Zagg or BSE invisible shield. It really feels like a tough armor on my iPhone. The only drawback to this thickness is that the vibrate button is a little harder to get to. I have no problems with any other buttons. While the first Ultra I received wasn't packaged well, I do think that this shield is of better quality than other shields I've used in the past.

8. xenopower2 macrumors member

He represents the company and yet he is on here giving us false and intentionally misleading information about the product. Did you read the post? How can that make any sense to you?

9. coolnwo macrumors member

Folks will never be happy. My replacements Are awesome

10. xenopower2 macrumors member

why did you need replacements again?

11. applephysci macrumors regular

And another happy customer. Mine is awesome too! It's perfect that I'll never go back to zagg and I'll not need to try any other company.

12. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

It doesn't need to make sense. It's a good product. I'm sure if he saw this, he'd add more information for it to make sense. If you're really upset about it... just call 'em.

I agree.

They sent out a bad first batch. They replaced mine for free.

Absolutely. Same here.

14. Pared macrumors 65816

Stop bumping threads like this. You don't have to be a spokesperson for Wrapsol.

It's bad enough others feel the need to create 4-5+ threads when there is already a HUGE thread on Wrapsol. You make it worse by posting in it. Just let them fade into oblivion.

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Just sharing my opinion like others. I keep up with threads I'm interested in just like you. Definitely not being a "spokesperson". Don't you talk about products you like? The last reply to this thread was yesterday. It's no big deal. If you have a problem with my post, report me. I've not broken any macrumors rules.

16. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Yeah but several times a day, every day, for several weeks....it is kind of spokesperson-y. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out what it looks like. ;)

17. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Hahaha. All right, all right. ;) Thanks for being respectful about it. In my defense, I haven't replied much to them lately... only when someone goes around saying "stay away from wrapfail." ;)

18. xenopower2 macrumors member

so you think its ok for people representing companies to come on here and say whatever they want and make baseless claims about the superiority of their products? and they dont have to make sense because their product is good?

you cannot be serious. do you work for wrapsol too?

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Nope, don't work for Wrapsol. I don't pretend to understand how the LCD on my iPhone works either... but I know the iPhone is a good product. *shrugs* I have no clue how my Wrapsol film works either but it does. I don't accept his words as truth but I don't deny them either... cause I have no clue.

Some would say that Apple made baseless claims on the iPhone antenna and other features... but all I know is it works. Some say it doesn't. How is this different with Wrapsol?

20. ronr1999 macrumors newbie

Wrapsol = Crap

Got mine (Ultra) today for the iPhone 4 and the top and bottom halves are stuck together and cannnot pull them apart. What the crap is this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to separate the two parts but getting fingerprints and deformation.

Anyone else see this ?

RonR

21. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes, it happened with a lot of people. Go here for more info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=935913&page=38

Also, call Wrapsol for a replacement.

22. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

an honest experience:

I've been a longtime wrapsol user. I used it on my 3G, 3GS, iPad and now iPhone 4. My wrapsol skins for the 3G & 3GS were perfect upon receipt. I really liked the matte feel so i decided to pre-order it for my iPad. For whatever reason, the solution cracked and broke during shipment, spilling all over the skins. Wrapsol immediately sent me a replacement along with an extra solution bottle AND a wrapsol ultra for my iPhone 3GS. I was impressed with their customer service. Needless to say, I pre-ordered it again for my iPhone 4. Just like the others on the board, the packaging job was horrible and my side skins were stuck on the front skin. I contacted wrapsol and once again, they immediately sent me a replacement overnight.

It seems like wrapsol may have a difficult time getting a new product initially launched. Maybe they were overwhelmed with demands? Who knows. But their excellent customer service more than makes up for it. Plus their warranty procedure is hassle free, compared to others (Zagg).

23. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Good customer service never makes up for a continuous garbage product.

24. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

That's true, but one bad batch does not equal "continuous garbage".

25. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

Agreed, this is too early on to label it as "continuous garbage". The replacement I received overnight from wrapsol came in perfect condition. Fitting is precise.