Wrapsol Ultra or SPG Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by caranddriver, Jun 22, 2010.

1. caranddriver macrumors regular

Yes, I know there are two separate threads on each product and various wrap threads all over the place.

But I am torn: Wrapsol Ultra or SPG Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal? Sigh...please help me make up my mind.

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

3. rfong06 macrumors member

I'm going with the SGP ultra crystal EX film. It just depends on what you like. :p

4. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Bought Wrapsol for my iPad and love it, so much so that I pre-ordered one for my iPhone 4. So there's my vote. Incidentally, I wonder if I can use the word "so" any more in this post?

6. caranddriver thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the opinions "so" far. Big difference is that Wrapsol has cutouts for everything and SPG does not.

7. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

I'm really considering canceling my Wrapsol Ultra pre-order for SPG. I'm torn. I've used products like the Wrapsol on my iPod classic and I love it. My 3G has a Power Support Crystal on the front and an Incase Slider. I want the iPhone 4 naked with just a skin but I can't decide.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

These are not two protectors that should be compared.

You have to decide if you choose clarity with scuff/scratch protection or if you want absolute protection including drops and spills (to an extent) with a minor loss of clarity on your screen.

SPG = slightly more clarity, less protection.
    Wrapsol = more protection, slightly less clarity.

The difference in protection is far greater than the difference in clarity, therefore I choose Wrapsol. I'm aclumsy person. I'll need it. Hope that helps.

9. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

I think I'm going to use the Wrapsol until I can get some Power Support crystals and use that on the front only.

10. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

That helps me. When I was looking at SGP, I saw it mentioned the cover was made for HD, which really made me think long and hard. I ended up going with Wrapsol Ultra.

11. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Thats what she said.

12. historyteacher macrumors member

I ordered the SGP last night. Thought it looked like a solid product. I agree with the poster that said you really can't compare the two. Just preference. I am normally an anti glare person, but I want the beauty of that new screen to shine through. By the way...turdferguson, love the handle. :D

13. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

If you guys order the wrapsol make sure you use code chatter for 20% off. I personally went with wrapsol ultra, but then again I've never heard of SPG until this thread.

14. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

We have a winner. That's exactly what I'm doing. I did this with my 3gs and it works great and looks great. I really like that the Power Support Crystal is more of a harder plastic. I can't even tell it's there.

15. Blues003 macrumors 6502

In which ways is Power Support Crystal better than Wrapsol? (honest question here)

16. suddenlyissoon macrumors newbie

How do these compare with bestskinsever? I've only used them but I'm pretty interested in both of these products if they give better clarity.