Wrist pad and trackpad protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slapppy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. slapppy macrumors 65816

Geez, where are all the products for these new MBP late 08? All I can find are for the old ones and I'm getting nervous not having protection for my new work of art hotness.. :p

I hope the usual suspects starts making these products... Besides the obvious one maker, does anyone else know who else makes these types of protection products? I just go crazy when someone with a wristwatch wants to try out my MBP. :eek:

2. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

I wrote Moshi and apparently their palmguard for the new MBs and MBPs will be available to order starting December 18. I can't wait!

3. slapppy thread starter macrumors 65816

4. slapppy thread starter macrumors 65816

Those look a lot better, visually than the PS models. The PS has such a dark gray it looks off with the MBP. These looks like it will blend just nicely with it.

5. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm checking out the Power Support wristpad you're talking about and I wouldn't like the micro-suede they use. I'd much rather have something that mimics the aluminum surface. Reviews of the palmguards for the older MBPs indicates that it blends very well.

6. infernohellion macrumors 6502

I would go for the Moshi Palmguard as well. It feels so much better than any other film (such as InvisibleShield)... as I am either in Bangkok or Melbourne, laptop gets hot very quickly and my palm would be sweaty. The feel of sweat on those films are just bad!

Moshi Palmguard doesn't give me a yucky feel.

7. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

The palmguard for the unibody 15" MacBook Pro is available for order now as linked above. I just put my order in.

8. slapppy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah me too. This looks to be much better than the PS ones. Color matches well from the pictures. :)

9. slapppy thread starter macrumors 65816

They arrived.

Wow, these are way way way better than the PowerSupport that I have for my Titanium and old Aluminum PBG4.

They blend perfectly, looks great and feels smooth. I've taken some shots with the iPhone so quality isn't that great, but here they are. I recommend these guys for anyone who wants to protect their new MBP Late 08, wrist pads and trackpad. Now you won't have to worry about your watch or jewelry gouging the finish on your MBP. :)

Attached Files:

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Wow...those look pretty nice and the fit looks really good.

I got the BodyGuardz a couple days ago and put them on yesterday. I posted pics on my Flickr account

You can see that they do have a bit of a shine to them. Doesn't look like the palmguard does. And the fit on mine isn't exact. Add to that the trackpad shield came with a warning that said if I apply it and then try to remove it, I could possibly pull out the trackpad! Sounds like it was for the old MBP's and I'm sure I could remove it without pulling out the trackpad but not a pleasant thing to see.

I'll probably keep the BodyGuardz for awhile until I can't stand that it's not perfectly fit and then maybe try the palmguard.

11. slapppy thread starter macrumors 65816

12. w...b macrumors regular

Wait. Which ones are you using on the ^ computer?

13. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

slappy is using the palmguard. I'm using BodyGuardz.