Write a letter back to yourself

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NewGenAdam, May 5, 2009.

1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

to yourself when you were aged 16.

tr.im/lettrospective

I read this on The Guardian's (a UK newspaper) website, and I thought some of the replies are really lovely ^.^
    It was started by Stephen Fry, of whom many Apple fans are likely to know.

Although I'm only 19; I don't know how different I am from my 16 year-old self!

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I just turned 25. Here goes.

Dear Mike,

You're a headstrong little twit who doesn't listen to the people who know better than you. Shut your idiot mouth and actually take advice from people who know what they're talking about, instead of stroking your self-superiority complex and doing whatever you think is right. You'll find out what I mean when you're older.

Also, keep away from prescription meds. You know what I'm talking about.

You'll be in Korea in 9 years, so learn some Korean now to avoid having a pain in the ass. Also, you'll meet a girl there who will give you the hardest time of your life. Avoid her. You'll know her when you meet her...

After high school, you will go to college, and then university. Don't use your student loan like your own personal bottomless credit card. You do have to pay it back eventually. Also, don't go to Nova Scotia for school when you could do the same thing in Ontario for 1/4 the price. She's a great girl, but don't follow her out there. You'll still be friends in the future.

Also, don't study psychology. Why bother? Study something you really love and that will actually get you a job. A college co-op program is better than a university program with a useless major.

You're at the beginning of a serious problem that will haunt you for the rest of your life (at least up to age 25). You know exactly what I mean. Stop it now, and you will save yourself thousands of dollars and weeks of pain. It feels good now, but in the long run, it's not even close to worth it.

Show love to those who you love. Especially your grandparents. Gramma will die in a few years, and grandpa will go before her. Enjoy your time with them and learn from them as much as you can.

That's all for now, you little ****. Learn to respect people. You aren't the king of the world, and you never will be.

Sincerely,

Future you