Write for Dropbox - A Markdown Text Editor and Notes App [iPhone Version]

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Tanmay, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Tanmay, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

Tanmay macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

Just wanted to introduce you to an iPhone app I've made. It's called Write. Its basically a Dropbox based Notes app. There are tons of similar apps out there, but I'm focusing on the user experience and trying to make it a lot better both UI/UX wise and feature wise than what the competition offers.

[​IMG]

To be very honest, it's a blend of Drafts and Byword/iAWriter but with better UI/UX and a ton of features.

Official Website: http://writeapp.net

App Store Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/write-for-dropbox-plain-text/id587363157?ls=1&mt=8

Here are some of the reviews of the app:

“Write For iPhone Looks Like The Future Of iOS Text Editors” – Cult of Mac

“Write for Dropbox is a near perfect way to jot down notes on your iPhone” – The Next Web

“Write for Dropbox is beautiful and functional – a rare combination for an iOS text editor” – Mac Life

“A worthy option to check out if you are in the market for your “holy grail” text editor for your iPhone” – App Advice

Let me know what you guys think about it? If you have any feedback or feature request I'd be happy to hear!

2. Tanmay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jessica! If you do happen to buy it and try it out. Do let me know your feedback and suggestions :)

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I only have an iPad at the moment, but I'll check out the OS X app for now. :)

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Looking good! But you need to do something about the giant photo on the website, the one at the top. It is slow to load, and bogs down the webpage when you scroll.

5. Tanmay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Once the iPad version is complete, I'll be revamping the website. Will keep this in mind then.

6. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Hey, I'm liking this app a lot. How about an option to type in landscape?

7. Tanmay thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep I'll be adding support for that later. Right now just want to work on completing the iPad version as soon as possible.

8. LeiLei macrumors newbie

I'll definitely wait around for the iPad version!