Write text from iPhone on Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBookfan, Jun 17, 2008.

1. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Hi

I know this app called ZyPhone but is there a app which allows you to connect your iPhonen with a Mac and write text on the Mac from iPhone?

Thanks for your help :)

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you could write in the mail application and send the emails to yourself.

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Besides second poster (works the same for notes too), the only other way is if a VNC application came out. Dunno if the SDK is capable, though.

4. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Im not sure you understand my request. I want to send text to ms freinds etc from my contactlist. Maybe i dont understand your reply but this is what I want :)

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

do you mean IM? you could directly use beejive-jivetalk instead of having to go through your mac, however if you mean just general text input (like using your iphone aas a keyboard you can do this using remote buddy.

6. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I'm not making any sense out of the question or what you're trying to do. :confused:

7. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

I think he means connecting his iPhone to his Mac and then using the Mac to send texts to his friends via address book. I know that it used to be possible to do that, but it was removed from Leopard (because iPhone can't do it).

8. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

For the benefit of sending the same texts to multiple phones? Can't think of any other reason why, or maybe I'm missing something (not uncommon).

9. pavvento macrumors 6502

I remember with Tiger and other phones you could use iSync or one of those programs to send and receive text messages if your phone was connected through bluetooth. Ironically this feature is not available on the iPhone.

10. musio macrumors 68020

musio

i'm looking for this app as well. Those with nokia phones can do this from pc suite - would love apple to do this.

You can't do this via bluetooth with the iphone 3g as the bluetooth protocol hasn't got the features..hasn't got ad2p either :(

only way i can think of this working is writing a note on the mac, transferring it and then sending it as a sms but that's long ass.

11. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

12. drpellypo macrumors 6502

I think the OP wants to cradle his phone, and use his mac instead of having to unlock the phone and use the iphone's keypad. I use to do this with a Nokia all the time. Was especially handy as the boss thought I was typing emails etc when in fact I was texting my mates.

13. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (PPC; 240x320; HTC_TyTN/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

oooo sneaky! but yeah, I can see a benefit in that :D

14. iBookfan thread starter macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Exactly! Is that possible? :)

15. f(A)t'kId macrumors member

I believe you can send sms straight from ichat. It doesn't come up as your number on persons phone your sending it to. Works non the less. :D

16. snipersix macrumors member

I'm looking for this as well. Just makes things more convenient. The nokia phones can do this with if you have the software that comes with the phone installed on your computer.

17. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Is that a Windows only program? If there's anything for a Mac...that would be awesome. :D

18. tomljagogo macrumors newbie

Great Idea

@ iBookfan I totally get what you mean. I to want to be able to type a text on my mac and have it sent via my iPhone so that it uses my unlimited text allowance and my cell phone network. Does that make sense to the people that can't grasp the idea?

19. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Dude, this thread was from 2008.

The way it was originally posted, it did not make sense.... Then it became clear.

20. Fernandez21 macrumors 68040

Fernandez21

Would this be something that can be done with imessage?

21. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I think there will eventually be an application for Mac (like FaceTime) for "texting" to other apple products

22. pic620 macrumors member

Well done, dude. Welcome to the future - you were spot on.