Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Larvas

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Berlin
Hey guys,

I'm struggling with Pages as of now and wanted to check if some of you have a suggestion.

What I currently have is:
- a list of characters with their descriptions in one pages document
- a list of battle formations/options in the second file
- the history of the world in the third file
- the current timeline of in the fourth file
- the "cinematics" in the fifth file
- the dialog in the sixth file

And I still didn't start with the spells, names, cities, bestiary and so on. I would actually be happy to do it in an offline wiki file, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to do.

Any recommendations from your side, what would be the best way of writing this? Thanks...

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Hey guys,

I'm struggling with Pages as of now and wanted to check if some of you have a suggestion.

What I currently have is:
- a list of characters with their descriptions in one pages document
- a list of battle formations/options in the second file
- the history of the world in the third file
- the current timeline of in the fourth file
- the "cinematics" in the fifth file
- the dialog in the sixth file

And I still didn't start with the spells, names, cities, bestiary and so on. I would actually be happy to do it in an offline wiki file, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to do.

Any recommendations from your side, what would be the best way of writing this? Thanks...
What particular struggles are you having with Pages?

Larvas

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Berlin
As I mentioned above, I have everything scattered around in documents and no way of interlinking it like a Wiki page to get a better overview. I installed Scrivener right now and experiment a bit with it, but any other suggestions are welcome.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
As I mentioned above, I have everything scattered around in documents and no way of interlinking it like a Wiki page to get a better overview. I installed Scrivener right now and experiment a bit with it, but any other suggestions are welcome.
LOL I didn't see having separate files as a problem.

I recommend something like a mind map or even a network diagramming tool. That offers a visual depiction of the interconnections.

Larvas

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Berlin
Yeah it can be a pain in the ass once you want to reference something and then find it under all these documents... Ok, will try, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.