Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigtallguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I found an interesting problem/glitch while playing music today. While playing any of the songs on the Weezer Blue Album, it displayed the correct artwork while in the iPod app, but when locking the phone it displayed the artwork from a Nirvana album. I've checked the artwork settings in both the Nirvana album and Weezer album's songs and it all looks fine and it displays the correct one while in iTunes, but like I said while the phone is locked and playing the music, it is the wrong ones. Here are some screenshots I took showing this.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.PNG
    IMG_0423.PNG
    578.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0422.PNG
    IMG_0422.PNG
    62.7 KB · Views: 123

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah its a software glitch and happens to me occasionally, restarting the phone fixes it. Also, as well as the artwork getting mixed up, sometimes it just won't display it when on the lock screen. Quite annoying.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I was wondering about that - same thing is happening to me with the Slash album ... despite being correct in iTunes, it displays artwork for Stevie Ray Vaughan on my phone when locked. Multiple syncs haven't solved the issue, so I'll try a restart & see if that gets me anywhere :)

bigtallguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it for me because I did all of your suggestions in a row. I synced, turned off and back on, then did a hard reset. After all those I went back to the music and it no longer had that wrong artwork problem. Thanks again everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.