Wrong Apple ID since iOS 6 upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by stuhow, Oct 1, 2012.

1. stuhow macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently upgraded my phoen to iOS 6. It was an OTA install. Now when i try to update some of my apps it is asking for the password of my wifes Apple ID and not mine. I have gone into the iTunes and App Stores settings and it has my account listed, I even logged out and logged back in to be safe. I have even checked my iCloud seettings and this has my account listed too, once again i logged out and logged back in to be sure.

However nothing seems to work and everytime I try to update my apps it has my wifes account associated. I have never used her account on my phone so why is this the case. The only thing she has is both our phones are under one contract and she is the main account holder.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

2. stuhow thread starter macrumors newbie

The only thing I can think of is the apps that ask for her password are apps we both have no our phone. Maybe something has gon screwey when i backed up my phone a few months back?

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

The contract has nothing to do with an apple id

Did you backup your phone before doing the update?

4. stuhow thread starter macrumors newbie

I know the contract has nothing to do with it, its the only connection she has. No I never backed up the phone before hand, well not for a while at least.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

logout of every account on the phone; icloud, itunes, appstore etc

than restart the phone and only log into your icloud account.

see if that helps

6. n8id macrumors newbie

Same thing going on

I have the same thing going on, because I did the same thing!!! Only to my wife's phone.....She's really happy about it too!

I've tried everything to fix it, except logging out of everything and restarting the phone. I'll try that tonight.

7. n8id macrumors newbie

I tried logging out and restarting. It didn't work.
    Everything seems to be working fine except the itune acct comes up as my account and not my wife's.
    Yes I have all the icloud and itune ID's correct.
    I am open to any ideas!!!!!

8. jedib0p macrumors member

I believe what has happened is you installed apps that were purchased/downloaded using your wife's iTunes account and when you try to update them it wants to verify that the apps on your phone have permission from your wife's account. It's asking for this permission because her account isn't on the phone but her apps are.

What I would suggest doing is deleteing the apps prompting you for her password and redownload/repurchase with your itunes account. This will install the app using your itunes account.

I have a canadian iTunes account and I run in to the exact same thing for apps purchased with my US account.

Good luck and let me know if this fixes the problem!