Wrong Apple Music Songs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Cayden, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I have been trying to download the album Regional at Best by twenty one pilots and have had many issues. This album had copy write issues so it is not available for sale anymore, but I have a CD copy of it. The problem is that many of the songs were rerecorded and released on a different album, so Apple Music recognizes the songs as the updated versions. The songs download fine on my Mac, but once I download them on my iPhone it downloads the wrong versions of the songs onto my phone. Is there any known fix for this?

2. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Short answer, no.

Long answer, before you match the songs, you can try to rename them so that it doesn't match. For live albums for example, I add gibberish text to the title so that it doesn't match against anything in AM and then it uploads. That used to work, but after you rename them back, I've noticed it still tries to match anyway, even if you've uploaded it.

You could also try iTunes Match - it messed up my library, but iTM matches songs with an audio fingerprinting service too, so it's not just randomly trying to match metadata.

3. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Thanks for the advice. I just tried it (simply adding demo in parentheses to the end of the duplicate songs) and it was able to sync up to my iPhone with the unmatched songs

4. v0caltic macrumors newbie

I did the same as you, but after a few days it seems to have "matched" my demos, remixes, and live tracks with studio versions anyways. I had a short time with my versions of the songs, and then it switched them all on my iPhone and iPad.

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

just out of curiosity, if you change the names back after their uploaded, if u sync to your other devices, will they stay "as is" or will u find that it will be replaced at some stage because although their upload already, they now have the same name too ?

6. v0caltic macrumors newbie

I haven't renamed them after syncing to my iPhone, it just matched them automatically even with the title in the metadata changed. I even tried parentheses at both the beginning and end of the title and it made no difference.

7. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Before Apple Music was out, I had this on my phone but due to beta issues I had to factory reset. Before I factory reset however, the actual music files were not matched once they were on my phone, but the album art was changed

8. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yep, same thing happened to me unfortunately. I don't know why it's trying to match when they're marked as uploaded - I guess they try to quickly re-match in case songs are added to the AM library since matching. Too bad they do it wrong.