Wrong date in my macbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cristiano solo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Cristiano solo macrumors newbie

I have a macbook snow leopard....i bought second hand in the online applestore .I started the computer the 6 Aug 2009 and i set up the right date and time . After few week i observe that the mac shows on the display the right date but the ''internal'' date is always the same day : 6 Aug 2009. For example all my old skype message, all my itunes library , all my application, all my imovie projects have the same date :6 Aug 2009.how to fix it?ciao ciao Cristiano

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you set it up to Automatically sync to a Time server? It should be in System Preferences->Date & Time.

3. Cristiano solo thread starter macrumors newbie

i am sorry but in system preference, date and time , i set up everything manual,time and timezone and i tried to change but the date is always 6 august 2009....do you have more ideas?

4. Matthew. macrumors regular

Try resetting the PRAM; restart your computer and hold down CMD, Option, P and R before the first chime, keeping them held until you hear the chime for a second time, at which point you can release the keys and allow your computer to boot as normal.