Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JB x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I recently bought a refurb macbook pro from the apple store. I love everything about it but their seems to be a problem with the display. I ordered matte because I thought in the long run in college it would benefit. So I compared my friends old macbook to the refurb macbook pro while I was watching a movie and I thought that one looked better. I could also see the pixels(dots) on my macbook pro but thats probably because I was too close to the screen. Now I think I made a mistake and should have went with glossy. What do you guys think I should do? Could I exchange it for a glossy?

Edit: Forgot to mention that only movies looked better on the macbook and I prefer the macbook pro while surfing the web.

Teej guy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2007
If you're going to spend more time watching movies, exchange. If you're going to spend more time surfing the web/doing productivity things, don't.

This really is a personal preference thing. I hate glossy screens as do plenty of other people. There are also plenty of people who prefer glossy over matte.

Do whatever works best for you.

EDIT: The MBP has a better quality screen than the MB anyway, so you may not mind surfing the web on the glossy version of the MBP.

BioCore

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I have a late 2007 MBP with glossy screen and I find surfing the web better than surfing with a matte screen. Then again like Teej said, it is a personal preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.