Wrong email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JWages, Aug 5, 2008.

1. JWages macrumors regular

I ordered my iPhone through Direct Fulfillment on the 1st of August. I haven't received an email confirming the order, or anything. Then I noticed on my AT&T receipt that my name is spelled wrong. So I figure maybe she spelled it wrong on my email. So I call the store and he's just like "We'll call you when it gets here, blah blah". Thats not enough for me, I want to be emailed when it ships, etc. Do I have to call AT&T service to get my email changed? I'm not an existing customer though, so would that even work?

2. customerservice macrumors newbie

what did you say after he told you they'd just call you? people really need to grow a spine when dealing with people: tell him to change your email and make everything correct in their computer. tell them if they don't, they can just cancel the order.

3. JWages thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't really say anything. It was right after I woke up and I wasn't really in the mood. I might call back later.

4. customerservice macrumors newbie

or you can just call them now and deal with the situation instead of posting about it in a forum.

5. JWages thread starter macrumors regular

He never acted like he could do anything about it.

6. customerservice macrumors newbie

haahaha, wow, really? the store that is managing your order can't do anything about it like change some simple details. man i would never have thought that was the case.

7. bstpierre macrumors 6502

There are two threads that go over this at length but instead of making you read 3,000 posts (literally) I will go over the highlights of my experience.

When you did your Direct Fullfillment order they gave you a receipt. On that receipt is a website you can go to to check on your order. Once you get there it will want some info from you such as order number or phone number. Ultimately I used the number that was listed below the bar code on the above mentioned receipt. Mine started and ended with asterisks. I didn't enter those, just everything between. They also want your zip code. Don't use your zip code. Use the store's zip code. That should be on the receipt as well.

It took a while but eventually my order was in the system and I was able to check on it every 5 minutes. Eventually it shipped and was listed as delivered. Later that day I got a phone call. It takes a while. I didn't get the email confirming the order until several days after the order.

I will subscribe to this thread so I notice if you have any follow-up questions.

8. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Must be new to these forums. I swear there is a new thread on here almost every day talking about how the customer service rep is unable to perform some task that seems integral to their job.

9. JWages thread starter macrumors regular

I know I can track it, but I'd rather just get an email, rather than looking at the site all the time. Yesterday my phone status was at 0 all day. Now today its at 1, got my hopes up for nothing, haha.

10. customerservice macrumors newbie

new to the forums yes, new to basic communication with salespeople no. nothing is integral to a sales job. you ask them to do something, they, as salespeople will suggest something else (like "oh dont worry about it"). hopefully the customer can have some level of perseverance to get what they want. the way the OP says he went about it was totally wrong, so im unsurprised that he didn't get what he wanted.

11. bstpierre macrumors 6502

You may get that email yet but I suggest taking a look at the tracking site every night before you go to bed or in the morning when you get up. Once a day at either of those times will alert you to when its arrival is near.

12. JWages thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I'll check it daily.