Wrong entry in App store

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cool11, Dec 3, 2016.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I can't understand why, App store displays an entry of an application like it was purchased in the past by me. I never had this application.
    If I press to 'update', then I can only give my password, while username is of course of somebody else!!! So, I can't download, and at last I do not want to download.
    All I want is to get rid of the number in the icon of App store!
    I did not found any way to skip or hide it.
    It is not my fault, but I can't find a way to throw it away.
    Is there any solution to this, or from time to time I will have my app store cluttered by other persons' downloads?

[​IMG]

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502a

bcave098

What is the application? If you don't want it, move it to the trash. Then you won't be prompted for updates for it.

3. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Wordweb pro dictionary.
    How can I move it to the trash, when I never had it?

4. bcave098 macrumors 6502a

bcave098

Does it show up in /Applications? What about if you search with Spotlight?

5. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Forgive my mistake, I have so many applications that I don't even remember them.
    Well, I found the application in my hard disk, but I can tell this thing for sure, I never downloaded it from App store....never mind the way it exists in my hd, it is not from App store.
    It just sits there, for so long, that even me I had forgotten its existence...
    I can't explain how it is related, an application never being downloaded from App store, found out by App store and displayed there?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 3, 2016 ---
    I just trashed it, and the indicator of 'update' on App store icon was gone.
    But it does not make sense.