Wrong Labels for TV Shows on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Oddball6999, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Oddball6999 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I just got my Apple TV today, and i love it so far but i've run into one small problem. For some reason 3 of my categories in TV shows isn't showing up correctly. For my Ask a Ninja episodes, Battlestar Promos and Studio 60, it all shows up in 3 separate submenus called Various on the apple tv. I can't find one thing different in the listings or tags in iTunes that would make the Apple TV see them differently and not under their assigned names. Also oddly enough, I have the ask a ninja special delivery's under another submenu called "Ask A Ninja Special" and those are correctly listed. Please help!!!

2. chat2ian macrumors newbie

chat2ian

me too!

I've got exactly the same issue, still looking for a fix. If I find one, I'll post it here.

3. chat2ian macrumors newbie

chat2ian

Found it!

It seems that Itunes requires the name of the show to be *exactly* the same throughout all episodes of a TV show, so in my case I had a couple of shows called "According to Jim" and some called "According To Jim".

Fix the names, then close iTunes and re-open it to force Apple TV to re-load the index. (My Apple TV is streaming... I don't know if the issue is the same if you are syncing).

That should solve it for you. Anyway, it worked for me.

Cheers.

Ian