Wrong language when installing Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ides, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Ides macrumors member

I am trying to install windows through bootcamp. I have the iso file and a 16gb flashdrive that I am using. Everything works fine, until my cpu reboots and launches windows. The start up menus, where it asks me to configure settings and such, like which partition of the hardrive to use....is all in swedish. How can I get this to show up in english?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well, the most obvious cause would be that you have a Swedish ISO. Where did the file come from?

I haven't seen a non-English copy myself so I don't know whether you usually have a "fallback" English option or not, but English ones only have the one language so I'm assuming that a Swedish copy only supports Swedish.

3. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if your edition of Windows qualifies, but it is possible to change the language using languages packs available in the optional updates section in Windows Update.

4. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

your iso was not US.

Beg borrow steal a laptop with an English one installed and side by side to find where in the menu's you can hopefully turn convert to English. Or find screenshots on line for this. I just find working my wife's devices in a non-English language is much easier with a US device right beside it as I can 't read Japanese very well.