wrong MBP? too late now

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaronw1986, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #1
    This is a very ironic situation. I was not able to decide on MBP or mac pro for the longest time. Finally decided MBP with the new release. Placed my order for the 2.4 7200rpm drive. A few days later, my main computer (Sager laptop) needed to be sent in for repairs. This morning the MBP went to prepared for shipping status. Minutes later, received call about my Sager. It is not fixable, and they will be sending me a check for current value. With this new knowledge, looks like I could've used my student developer discount for a mac pro, and replaced the sager with a 2.2 MBP.
     
  2. suneohair macrumors 68020

    suneohair

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2006
  3. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
  4. Pressure macrumors 68040

    Pressure

    Joined:
    May 30, 2006
    Location:
    Denmark
    #4
    You could try and call Apple and hear what they have to say.

    You might be able to exchange it for the Mac Pro :)
     
  5. amoda macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2006
    #5
    Worst case scenerio you can refuse to sign for the shipment. The delivery company will have no choice but to return the mbp. You can then call your credit card company and just cancel payment.
     
  6. tristan macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    Location:
    high-rise in beautiful bethesda
    #6
    Once its gone to shipping prep you can't cancel it. Just enjoy the MBP buddy, and get a nice external monitor and keyboard and lots of RAM. Notebook line has just been updated and its a great time to buy. Not so much for the desktops right now.
     
  7. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #7
    I definitely will enjoy the MBP. I already have 4GB of ram sitting here to max it out with. I might look into using the money to get a PC desktop, or just keep the money for a while and see what Apple has coming. Perhaps Mac Pro's will get cheaper, or the iMac line will get a little better.
     
  8. munckee macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    #8
    Why can't you just sorta "mentally" apply the check toward the MBP and enjoy your free computer? Then if you really need the mac pro later, go back and buy one.
     
  9. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

    richard4339

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    Location:
    Illinois
    #9
    Could you not simply return the MBP and get a Mac Pro?

    I know its built to order, but typically when you call if you tell them you're wanting to return it to purchase a more expensive product, they'll take it back, though they might apply a 10% restocking fee.
     
  10. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #10
    I was thinking something like this too! Tell :apple: that you will not open the box and all. Maybe????

    Otherwise, yeah - use that Sager money toward the 2.4. Save the rest for the next revision to the MacPro. Regardless, I'm jealous of your MBP!!!:)
     

Share This Page