Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
When I open up iTunes U, it doesn't show my name. It shows a family members name and I don't know why.
I've checked iCloud and my name is correct.
I've checked my Apple account and my name is correct.
I've checked billing info and my name is correct.
I've logged out and back in multiple times in iTunes U and it still has the wrong name.

My name and info is correct everywhere except iTunes U. Any ideas?

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
When I open up iTunes U, it doesn't show my name. It shows a family members name and I don't know why.
I've checked iCloud and my name is correct.
I've checked my Apple account and my name is correct.
I've checked billing info and my name is correct.
I've logged out and back in multiple times in iTunes U and it still has the wrong name.

My name and info is correct everywhere except iTunes U. Any ideas?

Do you use Family Sharing?

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
You may want to check with that member.
They are elderly and without access to the internet. I bought them an iPad mini last Christmas and loaded movies on it. They don't even know their own password.

When clicking on the name in iTunes U and following the link to change the information, it takes me to Apple's webpage where my account name and info are correct. I'm thinking this had to be a screwup on Apples end.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
They are elderly and without access to the internet. I bought them an iPad mini last Christmas and loaded movies on it. They don't even know their own password.

When clicking on the name in iTunes U and following the link to change the information, it takes me to Apple's webpage where my account name and info are correct. I'm thinking this had to be a screwup on Apples end.

Your best bet would be to phone Apple, they may be able to solve your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.