iPhone Wrong name in shared photostreams

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dosunos11, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dosunos11 macrumors newbie

My grandma's name is showing up as the wrong name when she uploads and comments on pictures in the shared photo stream? Where does the phone get the name from that it displays. How can I fix it?

thanks

2. Pantala macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. My name is showing up in the stream my wife has shared with me. I'd also like to know how to change this.

3. bijju macrumors member

may be logon to icloud.com change the profile info..

4. macfly4 macrumors member

macfly4

Its probably coming from the same contact source used to share when you invited them,no?

5. BFG86 macrumors 6502

6. dosunos11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhh thank you very much! That solved my problem!

----------

It was the apple id name

7. Mjwareha macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I've checked the Apple ID info and it all looks correct but my sons posts are still appearing as my wife's name. Any ideas?

8. illusionist987 macrumors newbie

Happened to my mother in law... Showed up as her husbands name. Just happened to my wife when I upgraded her to iOS 6. Her phone shows up as my name. It appears to go by the name on the credit card associated with your iTunes account. Really stupid I think not to mention annoying. I hope this is something apple fixes. It should be tied in to the name in the apple ID and not the credit card.

9. buzzin macrumors newbie

same problem

I have the same problem. Two phones with two different icloud accounts but the same itunes account (how else can my wife and I share music and apps?). When she comments on pics in my photostream, it shows up as my name instead of hers. I think it is tied to the itunes account.

10. illusionist987 macrumors newbie

I doubt it because in my mother in law's case she get a new iPhone and I set everything up for her. When she comments it shows up as my father in law's name. He doesn't have an iTunes account but the credit card on my mother in laws account has his name on it. My wife has a separate iTunes account from me but we use the same visa for payment which has my name on it. Therefor when she comments it shows up as my name. They take the name from the credit card on the iTunes account. As far as I can see that's the only way to explain it. It's a bit annoying.