Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ubercaff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
For some reason, in my Entourage 2008 sent items, it lists my name incorrectly. I have checked all of the Account Settings in Entourage and everything is set correctly. This is running off of an Exchange server and I have confirmed that the name is set correctly there. E-mails sent from my account list my name correctly, I just cant figure out where this wrong name is coming from. Please take a look at the attachment and let me know if you have any further questions.

Attachments

• regima wrong.JPG
    regima wrong.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 163

fosters2

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
wrong name

I have the exact same issue. My wife's name is shown instead of mine. This only the case on one computer. All the other's show the correct name. We also use MS Exchange.

Did you ever get resolution?

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'd very much like to know too. My SO's name appears instead of my own in all Entourage traffic. Google has turned up little that is useful.

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Got it sorted. On the message (pre)view window, right click on the name in the To or From field and select 'Edit This Contact' from the pull down menu. Then proceed to delete the offending name. I still have no idea how the names got intermixed in the first place.

ubercaff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Got it sorted. On the message (pre)view window, right click on the name in the To or From field and select 'Edit This Contact' from the pull down menu. Then proceed to delete the offending name. I still have no idea how the names got intermixed in the first place.

Right, I had to go through my notes before I posted, but you are correct. This is a problem with the "ME" record in Entourage. You need to update it with the correct name and then everything will display properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.