Wrong Phone Number Showing on iPhone & iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbeliever, Jan 26, 2008.

1. macbeliever macrumors member

I finally made it happen!!!

About 3 hours ago I bought my iPhone. I asked 3 times if I would be able to pick the area code. I need a different area code than where I live. I work in a different area code.

Anyway I was assured at the time of install through iTunes on my MBP it would give me the option, well it went through the whole set up lightening fast. 30 seconds later I had a number on the screen and it was of course the wrong darn area code.

No big deal I have dealt with this before. So before making any calls with the iPhone I called ATT CS. After 10 minutes I had my new number issued and the iPhone was calling out using the correct number.

Here's where my trouble starts...

Now on the iPhone itself is the wrong number and on my iTunes when it connects it's the wrong number. I shut down iTunes, restarted my MBP, turned the iPhone off completely and still the wrong number.

I even tried restoring the iPhone and still the wrong number. It really isn't screwing anything up it's just super annoying.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks in advance,

2. J400uk macrumors regular

Did the OP or anyone else here ever find a fix for that problem? I am having the same issue here