Wrong Printer Driver?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SLR2009, Aug 27, 2009.

1. SLR2009 macrumors regular

Hi I've got a Canon MP620 which connects wirelessly to my Time Capsule. The Time Capsule is hooked up to my Mac Pro. On one of my PC's I added my Canon MP620 using Bonjour. I dont have any issues printing from my PC but when I click on the Canon Printer in Priters and Faxes, I hit properties,and then click advanced, The driver that is listed is an HP Color Laser Jet. When I select the Canon MP620 printer from the driver list, my PC won't print to my Canon Printer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I noticed on the Canon support website for the Pixma MP620 that they released updated drivers in June of this year for Mac OS X 10.5. Did you download version 10.11.2.0, the 7.81 MB one? You may want to consider removing and then re-adding the printer to the Print & Fax preferences pane after installing the updated driver.

3. SLR2009 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. After downloading the driver and removing the printer in Printers and Faxes should I use Bonjour to add the printer or some other way? Should I type in the IP Address of my Mac and add the printer that way? Thanks

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I'd recommend adding it as a Bonjour shared printer rather than going the IP route.