wrong representation of white iPhone in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eckndu, Jul 19, 2008.

1. eckndu macrumors member

ok, this time I also checked if there's already a post like this and i coulndt find one

im noticed that my white iphone has a black iphone's icon/image in itunes.
    i know itunes have different color icons for different colored nano, ipods, maybe another bug?

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

apple didn't pay attention to detail? with the iphone 3g? you dont say!

granted, the area around the back of the iphone in itunes is white... so uhh, maybe that has something to do with it?

3. eckndu thread starter macrumors member

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

no, i know. i mean, maybe apple didnt distinguish between the two because it would look funny in itunes.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

6. davidpid macrumors member

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What icon do you have?

Mine is just the front which shows the screen and silver edge. There's no way you can see the back there. See the attached image.

Your icon is different?

(And I have a black phone, for what it's worth.)

8. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

9. Wildog27 macrumors member

10. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

it isnt... but it IS 2am and nothing else is buzzing ;)

11. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I would have no problem with the misrepresentation of the back of the iphone on itunes, IF I HAD THE DAMN PHONE. just be happy that your not in this 10 to 30 year wait thing with at&t.

12. skierdb526 macrumors regular

i have a black currently but thought about this as well.

13. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Oh, the things that make you laugh at 2 in the morning.

But more on topic, I'm going to have to say that it would just look weird with it having that little bit of white in the back, would just look skinny. Good observation though :)

14. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

This is a good point. I want apple to fix this as soon as possible.

Enough with people whining about their little bity cracks and dust under their screen, this is a real issue that impacts the self esteem of those of us who were cool enough to get the white phones and not be homophobic sheep flocking to the safe choice of black.

Please give us our proper representation in iTunes, and do it fast.

15. eckndu thread starter macrumors member

yes, this is indeed a bug that need to be fixed.
    and i dont think white iphone on white itunes background is an issue, it's not like apple never released a white ipod before:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

16. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

[​IMG]
    I love the white iPhone, and I don't think it looks feminine or homosexual at all, and I don't really care if other people do. I don't have an iPhone, but if I did, I'd totally go with the super-fly white one. :p Theoretically speaking, if people think my iPhone doesn't look cool, I'll just keep knowing that my iPhone is rare, and slightly more original, like a classic glossy white plastic Apple product.

That aside, what's the big deal? It would make the iPhone look completely flat because of the white blending in with the iTunes background. It would look like a glass screen with an LCD panel, and no backing.

Edit: Well I guess they could do the shadowing around it, so it wouldn't blend in with the background, like I see they did with the white 1st gen Nano, that would be cool. 8D

17. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

If it makes you feel any better, the OSX Finder doesn't show my Black MacBook as black, even though it has an icon for it (found it in the resources). I had to change the resources around to get it.

I would love it if it showed the right colour. Just one of those details that makes you smile.

18. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

This is not a bug. It does not affect the operation of either the phone or itunes. In fact, I cannot fathom why you have wasted my time and yours even worrying about such a petty little thing.
    If Apple were to devote any resources attempting to "fix" this, they should be taken out back and shot.

On a side note question, can itunes tell the difference between a black nano and a white nano? I have no colors so I cannot test. However, my guess is no CAUSE IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

19. eckndu thread starter macrumors member

your side note question is answered on my starter post, sorry please waste some more of your time and scroll up to find it out:D

20. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG][​IMG]

happy?

come on apple, that was 5 minutes in photoshop :rolleyes: i don't even have the vector!