Wrong time - new iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by armani, Aug 19, 2007.

1. armani macrumors regular

Hi, there is one thing that I can not understand - my time is always off. As soon as I go into time properties it changes to the correct time. I tried to unclick "set time and date automatically" - nothing, clicked it back - the same thing. If I woke the computer up it would have the wrong time until I go into properties and then it would change itself. I don't get it....

2. Pucas macrumors member

Pucas

I have the same problem on my new MacBook.

- I think it has something to do with my BootCamp. Because everytime i set the correct time in Mac OS it's wrong in XP and the other way around.

3. armani thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it, but I can not get to "Real Time is universal", I can only go to "Time Zone Information." But, my time is wrong even when I don't use boot camp. I put imac to sleep and when it wakes up the time is wrong again.:confused:

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You have to add that entry yourself. Set its value to 1.

5. armani thread starter macrumors regular

I have just checked it again, woke the computer up and the time is 4 hours behind. That is ridiculous.

6. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I noticed that when my new IMac comes out of sleep mode there is a temporarly loss of internet connectivity. The reason this is a problem for me is because I've been trying to use Iweb. It sometimes takes several hours to upload my newly created web pages to .Mac. Once the systems goes into sleep mode the internet connection is lost and the web never makes it fully to .Mac.

7. armani thread starter macrumors regular

It should not matter, the computer should remember it. My pc has no such problem and I shut it down every night and the time is always correct. It is the time, set it up and let it go. Why would it start changing on its own?