Wrong time on 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huntnboy04, Oct 31, 2015.

1. huntnboy04 macrumors regular

Have a 6s on Sprint. Last night I traveled an hour to another town. I noticed after I arrived the time on my iPhone was a hour behind (I did not cross a time zone). I restarted and it was fine. Now this evening it has done it again. I restarted it and initially it was behind, then it went to the correct time. I was planning to do the 9.1 update anyway so I did that and updated the carrier update for Sprint. Now an hour later the time is behind again. Everyone else in my household is also on Sprint and they're not having the same issue. I also realize that tomorrow morning at 2 am daylight savings time ends and then the time is suppose to be set back, not last night or right now.

I'm thinking a daylight savings time bug? But shouldnt it go off the Sprint network?

Anyone else with this issue?

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

My wife's phone was an hour behind today, as if daylight savings started early. I toggled something in the clock settings off and back on and it fixed it, but yeah it was weird.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

This is done by your network and when I woke up ATT had taken care of it.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Me 2. My wifes iPhone changed but mine didn't.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes it does, and the time being off on your phone means that Sprint hasn't updated their netowrk in that area to reflect the correct local time. If they aren't already working to fix it, you should call them to let them know it's a problem.

This is one reason I kinda wish iOS would provide the option to use NTP, or obtain the time directly from GPS when available, as a non carrier-dependent option for when the cell network time is wrong. This happens a lot more often than the carriers like to admit, usually (but not always) during the DST time changes.