iPhone Wrong time zone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MisakixMikasa, Nov 2, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

So as of today, day light saving time ends. But my phone would not change time automatically. I went in to Date and Time, the time zone seted to GMT+4 which is wrong. Ontario suppose be GMT-5. I rested the time zone, however, each time I unlocking the iPhone, the time zone will automatically rest back to GMT+4 for some reason. Is there anyway preventing this happening? I just want the time right.

UPDATE: I have tried to restart the phone, rest all settings, Turing the airplan mode on made sure location service is on. The phone will revert back to wrong time zone in 5 seconds.

Attached Files:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Turn Set Automatically to off?

No need to have it on anyways unless you frequently travel to different time zones.

3. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Alright... I set automatically to off as temperatuary measure. I will have to call my carrier. My iPhone 5S with other carrier shows correct time. This makes me to believe it is the carrier's fault. I will have to wait until their technically support opens at 9:00 am.

4. Tallfish0919 macrumors member

Tallfish0919

Do you live near the border of the time zones? Maybe it's pulling off a cell tower on the other side? Also check in your iCloud.com settings on your computer, you can change the time zones there as well.