Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horrgakx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
Hi. My friend upgraded my iPhone to 2.1 using his Mac. Unfortunately it is asking for his iTunes password when accessing the iStore on the phone. Is there an easy way to fix this?

As I'm a PC user and iTunes doesn't work properly (Blue Screen Of Death when using iTunes 8 on WinXP), syncing with iTunes is out of the question.
iTunes has never worked properly for me actually, but v8 is flatly horrific.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi. My friend upgraded my iPhone to 2.1 using his Mac. Unfortunately it is asking for his iTunes password when accessing the iStore on the phone. Is there an easy way to fix this?

As I'm a PC user and iTunes doesn't work properly (Blue Screen Of Death when using iTunes 8 on WinXP) plugging into iTunes is out of the question.
As a side note my PC had flatly refused to recognize the iPhone and so won't even charge it so I have to resort to using my travel charger to get some power into it :/

1. It's not called the iStore. It's the App Store

2. It's normal, happens to me too.

Ams.

horrgakx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
1) Sorry; App Store ;)
2) What is normal; iTunes crashing, the iPhone not recognised through USB, charging through mains...?

horrgakx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
Thanks for that. I understand that the AppStore asks for the password, it did that with my previous firmware.

My question is; how do I change it from asking for my friend's AppStore password to asking for MY AppStore password?

Thanks.

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Thanks for that. I understand that the AppStore asks for the password, it did that with my previous firmware.

My question is; how do I change it from asking for my friend's AppStore password to asking for MY AppStore password?

Thanks.

The only way would be to plug it into a computer (shouldn't matter which), and switch the accounts while the iPhone is recognised.

horrgakx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
Thanks, I'll see if I can do it on a friends Mac or something.
Because both WinXP PC's I have will not even run iTunes without crashing.

iTunes has never worked properly for me (mostly with the processor going 100% when trying to exit the program). Its the worst piece of software since Lotus Notes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.