Wrongful Towed?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Centaurr, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Centaurr, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017

Centaurr macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

Hi guys

Can a tow truck tow your car even when the person who signed off on the tow was from another property? that person called Lisett, whom i do not know her or even know who she is gave the authorization plus i live in those apts, im not a outsider.
    Ive been living here for over 15 yrs. and i dont know about this so called lisett. i called my landlord and she said she didnt give the green light to tow any car.
    I live in a elongated type of apt building but there is another building with the same shape in front of my building. is this a wrongful tow? the driver told me that the owner from my apts hired the mgr in the front building as the new landlords, im not buying. i would have known. i think that new tow sign that they just put up doesnt belong on my side.

2. Scepticalscribe, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Now, with regard to your own post, I don't even know what you are trying to say as it is expressed unclearly. (Paragraphs and capital letters help comprehension).

Was is the exact issue that concerns you?

3. Centaurr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

fixed the paragraph alittle better. i just wanted to know if it was a wrongful tow? the person who gave the OK for the tow was not owner or the manager of the property.

4. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Tow companies are usually indemnified as long as they reasonably believe the person who ordered the tow is authorized to do so. Your beef would probably be with the person who called them.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Find out the name of the person who called them and then there is always small claims court if the person doesn't make it right after you talk with them. The owner of the rental should also probably be involved since you said that it's legal parking there since you rent.

6. Centaurr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

thanks for your feedback. yes, the driver said her name is lisett but she is the mgr for the bldg in the front but has nothing to do with my bldg, diff. owner. but since my bldg is so close to hers she put the new tow sign and changed the tow comapny now.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 4, 2017 ---
    driver said her name is lisett, whom i do not know so meaning she is not our landlord (person who collects rent and fixes stuff) i do live there but the issue is i only have 1 parking space and my niece parks there therefore i have to park outside where the problem was with the tow.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm still not clear as to what the actual issue that concerns you is.

Was your car towed away? Was your car towed away by a company that you do not believe ought to have that right?

Is it that another building - adjacent to yours - has secured the service s of a tow company and the boundaries where this company is allowed to operate are not especially clear?

Why does your niece use your parking spot? Why do you not use it yourself?

8. Plutonius, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You should be all set then. Meet Lisett in person and talk it out. Since it is not your building where you are parking, maybe now it has been declared a legal tow zone (i.e. you actually should be parking in your building's parking).

Why don't you attach a picture of the area in question ?

Note - It sounds like your building owner and property manager have nothing to do with it since it's not your building's official parking area. If you can't get it resolved, your niece (or you) might have to pay for parking elsewhere for one of the cars.

9. Centaurr, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017

Centaurr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

My niece lives with me so i have to park outside. my car was almost towed but i had to pay the guy money so he can unhook it. (meaning if i didnt come outside within 5 mins, he would have left with the car to the car yard) he said that the mgr from the bldg in the front gave the tow order but she isnt the mgr on OUR side.
    No, i am parking on MY side but rite next to the side walk. she has nothing to do with us but she put that new tow sign on our side.
    here is a picture
    [​IMG]
    i posted a pic. ok lets just say my landlord doesnt have to do with it since it not the official spot but the other mgr doesnt have the rite to tow me, maybe the city can but not her, you understand where im getting at?

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It makes much more sense with the picture :).

My advice still applies. Talk to the other property manager in person. Bring your picture to explain it.