Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeck!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 7on, Apr 17, 2008.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Ouch, luckily I wasn't hurt or anything. Happened this morning at 8:00am -6 gmt. :/ It's at the body shop getting an estimate, but I have a feeling it'll be totaled... what's the option here? Looks like that iPod sale I made in an earlier thread is going to pay my deductible. :(

Also my bike was on the back and I just picked it up from getting aligned! It rides ok but the wheel glides back and forth so I need to take it back in blech...

Oh and before anyone asks, it was my fault - ran a red light - $100 fine.

Attached Files:

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad you weren't hurt, and hopefully the person that hit you is ok too. Be more careful or pay better attention from now on and this won't happen again.

As for your options, it depends on several things. First how bad is the damage. If it is totaled, how much will your insurance company pay you? Will that amount cover what you owe on it? Things like that.

I hope you have a better day. :)

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Thanks, I'll try :) The other car just had a scratched bumper. They were fine too.

My uncle is my agent and he said that if it's totaled the full price of my car will be taken care of.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

I thought that the cost of the repair had to exceed the value of the car before it could be considered totaled? That just looks like a damaged door? :eek:

5. Keebler macrumors 68030

look at the wheel. it clearly looks damaged and bent. if the axle is busted, it could mean damage to the frame.

to the OP: accidents happen, but i'm sure you learned the red light lesson.
    it's never a good idea to run them. so dangerous. glad you're ok.

6. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Me too. Yeah, it was negligence on my part - saw the car next to me make a right and thought the light was green - so I went. :(

Lessons abound.

EDIT: oh yeah, the wheel is bent. If you look at it from the rear it looks like this \ with the top part bent towards the car. If the frame is damaged with the axle, then it'll be totaled. If just the wheel and door has to be replaced then it's a lot less expensive.

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware that if there's any damage to the frame that it was considered "instantly totaled". The way it was explained to me, the cost of all repairs (including straightening frames) had to be more expensive than the value of the car for it to be considered totaled.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Looks more like the axle connections being trashed, probably snapped the bolts.

Of course it looks like a Neon, so likely the lower control arm.

Seems they are prone to bending, something that a curb in a parking lot can do.

9. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It probably would be. To 'straighten' the chassis - the whole car would have to be stripped right down to pieces - which would cost a humungous amount of money...