WSISWYG Editor for WordPress, etc.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by niter, Apr 18, 2011.

1. niter macrumors 6502

I've had a hobby project on the back burner for ages and part of it includes having a website. I've tossed ideas back and forth over the past year to get a site designed but it seems it would be in my best interest to just see what I can do myself. The better part of a decade ago, I had Dreamweaver and was able to muster semi-decent work for my needs. I had moved away from it due to time and because the internet evolved faster than my ability to adapt.

Anyways, I'd like to start again with a WSISWYG editor and I would like to use WordPress. Perhaps I am setting to lofty goals, but its for a hobby and at least I'd enjoy the process of learning more.

Thanks.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Consider squareSpace.

If you cannot convey your ideas to a designer then it's unlikely you'll design anything better though.

3. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

It is not that I cannot convey my ideas to a designer...I really just do not want to be depending on one, particularly for a hobby if that makes any sense. I am actually not against having a design made and then using a wsiswyg program to change/update as needed but if I am going to do that then perhaps I ought learn how to do it myself in the first place. Besides, it sounds fun.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There are also some paid wordpress Theme Frameworks that allows various degrees of customization.

5. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

There is no WSISWYG editor for Wordpress.
    If you don't know html/css/js/php than I would go with Squarespace

6. Symon macrumors newbie

If you want to try a WYSIWYG editor then check out http://www.artisteer.com/

I only found this the other week myself and have found it very useful. I've only been running the trial version but I will be getting a full version very soon.

7. -pete- macrumors member

Rather than use WSYWIG you could try making something in photoshop and then slicing it into html, use css to style your backgrounds and build a site from there. Its a good way to build simple sites that you can then turn into your own wordpress templates. Yes there would be a learning curve with the language but I'm sure your work would improve no end.