WSJ Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coz, Jun 21, 2010.

1. coz macrumors member

What day do you think the Mossberg review from the WSJ will be out?

2. bahooki macrumors regular

As soon as his check clears most likely.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

No offense to him or you, but who cares at this point? We'll likely have a million users at launch, with a vocal portion of those people collectively posting their thoughts and complaints on blog sites and forums such as this. We already know practically everything there is to know about the device, and any last minute info that was held back by the FCC at Apple's request will be plastered all over here and YouTube the same weekend, if not sooner.

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

LOL, true...

6. coz thread starter macrumors member

I agree and I pre-ordered. However, I like reading his reviews.

7. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Hopefully today or tomorrow. I like his reviews :D

8. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

I think Mossberg gives fair enough reviews on Apple products for an "Apple shill', but his review will be predictable. I'm guessing he'll say that if you're eligible for an upgrade at $199-299, the new cameras and snappy response with the A4 processor make the upgrade worthwhile, but if you're not and have a 3GS, you'll get most of the benefits of iOS4 and will be perfectly happy waiting to upgrade if you're one of the unfortunate few who have a 2011 upgrade timeframe.

9. bahooki macrumors regular

They're good for folks that are pre-disposed to wanting to only hear what they want to hear. I like Apple, but I hate reading shill reviews.

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Interesting how Moss' reviews tend to be pretty spot on from a consumer perspective.

11. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Reviews by professionals can sometimes be overrated. How do you know that Walt is looking for the same thing you are in a device? You may think something is great, while he sees it as a downside and it ruins his entire review. I would recommend just reading the forums, playing with the phone yourself, or do what hundreds of thousands of others are doing and just buy the phone without seeing it in person.

12. dwman macrumors 6502

dwman

LOL, nice!! :D