wtb a new imac 27" BOX

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rogerbottrell, Jun 26, 2014.

1. rogerbottrell macrumors member

a duplicate of the ones they come in, with the carrying handle and complete with the Styrofoam retainers for the display monitor ....thank you--to anyone with recommendations

2. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Call Apple and see if they'll sell you a box; doubtful but worth a try. There's always Craigslist, etc.

Failing that, if you have time on your hands, and you are really desperate, hang out around an Apple store at busy times, and approach people you see leaving with newly purchased 27" iMacs, and offer to buy their empty box, once they take it home and ascertain that it's working perfectly. Many people who live near an Apple store, have no need to keep their boxes. I'd give you mine, but I recycled it already soon after purchase.

3. Seramir macrumors member

Seramir

What happened to your own box, anyway?

I always keep my boxes, especially for computers. You're going to have to sell every computer and upgrade it sometime. Having the original box will not only make shipping easier, but it helps boost resale value too.

If you look on eBay, people are selling their empty 27" and 21.5" iMac boxes (both 2012 and pre-2012 variants). However, they are charging $50 to $70 for them and people are actually buying them. Ridiculous how even an Apple box is valuable. :eek:

4. rogerbottrell thread starter macrumors member

thank you --none of your business what if anything happened to my box.
    but i do thank you for the information....that is indeed surprising. i suppose i should have researched that and saved you the trouble of educating me.-i would pay 20 ......thats it......again thank you for your trouble