WTB: Verizon Phone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iTeen, Sep 24, 2007.

1. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

Well i am finally eligible for a new phone after two long years on Verizon. Any idea on what i should buy? I am thinking the New Razr2 V9m...i wish the iPhone would work on Verizon!!!:(

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

blackberry world edition :D
    I heard the new chocolates aren't bad

3. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

4. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Yeah me too. I have Verizon and ATT contracts because of where I live and where I have to use cell phones. It's hard to focus on a Verizon upgrade when all I wanna do is play with the iPhone.

I shopped the other day in my ATT coverage area, at a supermarket I don't usually use just because I wanted to flaunt my iPhone email capability on the way home, doh! Now I still have four coupons for catfood that will expire unused unless I drive into the "Verizon zone" sometime this week.

I'm also eligible for a Verizon upgrade now; I was thinking about it the other day. I had been leaning towards a Blackberry, that red Pearl one? But that was before my iPhone made me think I don't like smartphones with hardware keyboards any more. And, I don't really need a Verizon phone for other than simple phone calls. So I'm likely to go with what's nearly free and not too ugly and be done with it. But I just like to look anyway, I guess! And the look of the red Blackberry still intrigues me.

5. mets1125 macrumors regular

I would wait a little bit longer. there are a lot of new phones coming to verizon in the next 2 months.

6. gus20 macrumors newbie

isync

Just got a Razr v9m and it will not work with isync. is there a work around?

7. iTeen thread starter macrumors 65816

iTeen

my sister got the v9m for verizon and she somehow got it to work...i belive there is a plugin that you can download...google it

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

If that's true (which I'm not sure if it is but there's no reason it couldn't be) then I'd recommend getting a phone on eBay and then if a new phone comes out to get it with the "New Every 2" deal. If you don't like any of the new phones then you still have a "new" phone plus you now have no contract with VZW.

9. knoebelsPT macrumors newbie

If you want something iPhone like you might want to wait for Verizon to launch the LG Voyager next month(?).

It has a touch screen and flips open like the enV for a full QWERTY keyboard. I'm pretty confident the software won't match the iPhone, but it will approximate the functionality. Also VZW data plans are pretty expensive, I'd guess that a 450 min plan with unlimited email/internet will run you $79.99 pre tax.

I use the the KRZR on VZW and after getting used to the software I'm reasonably happy with it (waiting for the 3G iPhone). It is a good deal smaller than the RAZR2 which is nice but the postage stamp external display is a pain.