WTB: white/red Speck CandyShell or similar

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GossipGirl, Oct 17, 2009.

1. GossipGirl macrumors member

I have narrowed down a huge list of iPhone 3GS cases and my favourite one is the Speck CandyShell in the white and red colour.

This colour is no longer on their website, or eBay, or any other outlets. I have found it from a few American sellers, who are charging the equivalent of £40, and Amazon.co.uk is more expensive still.

I'm wondering if someone knows where I could buy this case within the UK/EU?

Failing that, what would be the best case to meet the following criteria:

1. Either clear, or glossy white to match the back.
    2. I might consider a coloured case, semi-translucent like the iSkins if the colour looked nice against the backing of my white iPhone.
    3. I'd like the chrome around the screen covered/protected.
    4. Docking isn't an issue as I don't own one.
    5. I'd like good protection, so I think a hard shell would be best.
    6. I don't want a leather case, or something to slide it in and out of.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I would not recommend the Speck CandyShell, the bottom dock piece will break in half and it will look very ugly. There is a glossy white Incase Slider?
    or check out Agent18 they have a clear hard case and a matte white case http://www.agent18.com/product-category/iphones.aspx

3. GossipGirl thread starter macrumors member

Looks nice. I like the sound of glossy white :)

Agent 18? Really? I'm not too sure what to make of the clear cases.

The Candyshell doesn't have a snap off dock, though?

4. GossipGirl thread starter macrumors member

That iSkin looked nice. I bet the colours would look ever nicer against the white iPhone as well. Would you recommend?

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Agent18 have been around for a while and i have 2 clear cases for the iphone 1G and they are great, No it doesnt snap off, its all one piece and a little hard to put on and take off.

Here are some Sliders http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/monochrome-slider-case-cl59148
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59156
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/frame-case-cl59230

They are pretty expensive but high quality, sadly Incase does not have any promo codes for discounted prices.
    What iSkin are you talking about?

6. GossipGirl thread starter macrumors member

Oh I don't really want one super hard to take on and off.

I like the glossy white one.. a lot. I think we might have found a winner! I just hope it doesn't scratch the phone at all with it being plastic and having to be slid on. :'(

Its a green one, featured on the first page of the website in your sig.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well it all depends on how you use the case, my sliders did not scratch my iphones at all, you should be very carful to clean both the case and the phone before inserting it in the case and slider it in straight and slow.
    They have rubber rails inside too so its not sliding on plastic and there is a channel for the sleep/wake and volume buttons. If you decide to go with the slider then you should order from apple, the shipping is faster and cheaper.

ohh yes its one of my favorite cases, its a totally different case from the slider though, if you want a semi soft silicon (not flimsy or jelly like) then the solos are very good cases. yes it would look wonderful on the white iphone i think..

8. GossipGirl thread starter macrumors member

So Mr Schneider, it boils down to two things...
    1. iSkin or Slider?
    2. What will be your poison to say thanks for helping me with all this? ;)

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Haha well i own both cases and its very hard to choose only 1, So its really up to you, Silicone case or Hard plastic non transparent case. :)