WTF Apple ?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpvaz, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jpvaz macrumors member

Yesterday my MacBook Pro charger died... it is still under warranty, and it will be traded for a new one (i sent it by mail today, they sayd that i would receive the new one on Tuesday of next week).

Since i use my laptop at home and at work, i decided to buy a 2nd charger so that i can have 1 charger on each location.

I ordered it today (98€... outch... 85€ from the charger + transport) and the status is SENT TO CLIENT.

I went to the DHL site just to find out this:

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
    Time

20:15

Eindhoven - Netherlands, The
    Package processed at DHL in Eindhoven - Netherlands, The
    19:13

Package colected
    17:37

WTF Apple ?!?

We have a oficial reseler in Lisbon (300Km from where i live), i phoned them and they say that at the moment they have 18 Power Adaptors 85W for the Macbook Pro, but Apple sent mine from the Netherlands (1961,28Km from where i live) ?!?!?!?!?!?????? :confused::confused:

And they say they want to keep it "Green"?!?

Where's the "Green" in sending a package from almoust 2000Km away when you can send it from 300Km away?!?

I don't get this "Green" story sometimes...

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

They wont fly an airplane just for your little charger, I'm sure its just happens to be included with many many other big items that happens to be going your way.

3. bizzle macrumors 6502a

If you ordered it directly from Apple they are not going to ship it from a different company whether they're an Apple reseller or not. What's wrong with you?

4. jpvaz thread starter macrumors member

Ok, but from a company that says that they've reduced the packaging size in 2 or 3% (wich should be about 20 grams of cardboard) to make they're carbon footprint smaller... i'm pretty sure that the charger is a bit eavyer then 20 grams...

And please, don't even say something like "yeah... but they ship out 1 million mac's and only 100.000 extra chargers each year..." because with every mac, comes a charger, so in total they ship WAY more charger's then laptops.

5. jpvaz thread starter macrumors member

Actualy, let me correct you on that one... when i got my keyboard and mouse from Apple (got it from the online store as always) boath items were sent from Lisbon (300Km from me), not from about 2000Km away.

Need proof?!? No problem, i can always print to PDF the manifesto from the Portuguese Nacex Service that made the delivery and states:

Pickup - Interlog Lisbon

Delivery - Client Algarve

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What cities did it visit between Lisbon and you? Depending on the shipper and the shipping methods, it may not take such a direct route.

7. McGilli macrumors 6502

It's like when i ordered my MBA. i am in vacnouver canada - on the west coast of canada.

my MBA left China - then - it flew right over my house - and went to the other side of the Continent, it was like Detroit or New York or somewhere, then flew all the way back accross the continent to my house.

I sent DHL an email with my route asking them how I felt it was very inefficient - in the fact tahat the fuel burned must have been enormous to go accross the continent 2 times just to deliver my MBA to me - and I could have had it 2 days earlier.

They responded that certain companies - in this case APPLE - have certain customs locations for their devices to enter canada - and it happens to be on the East Coast for apple devices going into Canada.

So - I understand how you feel.

8. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

Because the Netherlands is the best! That's why your charger came from there.

9. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I ask myself the same question when they switch to aluminum laptops to get rid of plastics, then they change over every ipod line they have from cardboard packaging over to plastic making the entire savings pointless.

10. skwirl341 macrumors member

OP gives a good representation of the population that argues global warming is a myth.

11. jpvaz thread starter macrumors member

Direct route, Lisbon (Interlog) - Albufeira (Algarve Central Hub) - Lagos (Hand delivered to client)

12. jpvaz thread starter macrumors member

I think my charger is trying to learn some new languages....

on the 28th:

Processed in DHL Brussels - Belgium
    22:27

Brussels - Belgium
    Arrived at DHL Brussels - Belgium
    21:43

Brussels - Belgium
    Departed DHL Eindhoven - Netherlands, The
    20:15

Processed in DHL Eindhoven - Netherlands, The
    19:13

Package Collected
    17:37

On the 29th:

Arrived at DHL Central Hub in Lisbon - Portugal
    09:04

Lisbon - Portugal
    Package selected for inspection.
    09:00

Lisbon - Portugal
    Departed DHL Lisbon - Portugal
    08:42

Lisbon - Portugal
    Processed in DHL Lisbon - Portugal
    07:55

Lisbon - Portugal
    Transfered by Vitoria - Spain
    06:53

Vitoria - Spain
    Departed DHL Vitoria - Spain
    06:53
    Vitoria - Spain

Departed DHL Brussels - Belgium
    03:24
    Brussels - Belgium

So... if it arrived today in Lisbon, i will only get it tomorow... 'till then i have to keep on using this piece of crap Dell Laptop running Windows XP.... blargh.... it feels so dirty... and slow... and buggie.... and crashes a lot.... DAMN YOU APPLE!!! for sending my charger from 2000Km away and not 300Km away as you've done before!!!!

P.S.: why does the Apple expedition status page have a Netscape icon and not a Apple icon?!? Anyone noticed this before?!? Or is it just me?!?

13. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

ูQuite a journey! I envy your charger... and that's why I love Europe.

In Asia, not much integration. Carriers cannot cross the borders by car with exception of Thailand-Malaysia-Singapore.