WTF?!? AT&T says there is NOTHING wrong with my iphone plan.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Foamer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Foamer macrumors regular

Why was I issued a deposit refund, and then it was taken away (and I NEVER received a check, or any sort of credit for my $500 deposit)? Then further down, my 450 minute plan is costing me $118/month. Found they are charging me for MULTIPLE data plans on the same phone.

Called CS, and they said there was nothing wrong at all with my plan, and were not much help.

Also, the bill shows the balance as past due, when it was paid two weeks before it was due!

Is this right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Your bill seems to be prorated, is this your first bill with AT&T?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely prorated and then they bill for the next month as well.....:eek::eek::eek:

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Did you just switch from the 1st gen to the 3GS? Our first bill when I did had my $20 plan prorated to $7 but charged the full $30 for the new one. They said they charge it in advance.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Looks ok to me from what you've posted - I can't say anything about the rebate, but readjustments to the bill show you're not being charged for more than one data plan. Although, a $19 data plan shows up twice, but is readjusted to remove first $19 then $18 - so maybe you're owed $1.

You haven't included enough to see how this adds up to $118. The total ($40 rate plan, $30 data plan, $20 unlimited SMS) comes to $90. Fees are $8.35. You're being charged $5 for late payment. That leaves $16 ...

6. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Your iphone monthly bill would be ~40+30+20=~90 + taxes and fees.

The deposit is probably merely a credit from your old contract and charged to this one. It doesn't mean that they issued you a check.

They still show you owing money from last month and don't show a payment. That's something you have to take up with them as we don't know what the prior balance was, when it was due, or when you paid it. That caused the late fee.

Looks like you were charged a total of $31 for the data plan this month. That's where they completely messed up. Call a rep and ask them why you ended up paying $31 for data. When you look at those numbers, note that there are charges and credits. They are not all charges.

Good Luck!

7. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Avoid the late fee's

I see that you have a late fee on your account. If you have a deposit you will delay the refund of it and cause them to ask for a new one if you are late

8. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Yep. I see nothing wrong except for the $1 variance where they charged $19 and then adjusted $18 instead of the full amount. Everything else evens out so all you're left with is $40 for your minutes and $30 & $20 for data & texting.

As was mentioned before, there isn't enough information to see where the full $118 comes from, but seeing as there is a $5 overdue fee, I'm guessing the remainder is the overdue amount. For example your bill was $100, you paid $80 which leaves $20 as overdue. So the next month you'd have the same $100 bill PLUS $5 overdue fee PLUS the $20 unpaid from the month before for a total of $125 when you expected to see $100. Of course those numbers were just pulled out of the air to illustrate the idea, but that's the gist of it. I suspect you may not have paid the entire amount (intentionally or not) from the month before, so you're seeing this month's bill + an overdue charge and the remaining amount (not seen in the image) is the amount that carried over from last month.

9. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, been with them for a year and still have the original 3g, and still in the original contract.

And the full amount is taken from my checking account automatically every month, two weeks before the due date.

10. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Check with your bank maybe.

Though I lost my CC last year so I had them send a new one, phone is auto paid monthly but it got disconnected and I was like WTF. Turns out my new card has a new number and AT&T didn't have it yet, had to speak to a manager but they fixed it no extra charges.

11. euphy1d macrumors newbie

Was the phone disconnected by AT&T for any reason? I know they charge a reconnect fee which might explain the difference from $90 that the bill should be to the $118 that it is.

12. Foamer thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, never disconnected, and never late.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

14. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

it looks like ur on an international plan if u want that than everything is fine

15. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Right. I'm really confused about why we're even all speculating about this, just so the OP can say "nope, nope" to everything. At&t has the answer. You said they "said everything was normal". Then have them go through the bill with you, line by line, where you point out everything that is different than last month. Voila! You can have an answer ;)

16. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Well from your images that you posted, you were late and you paid a $5.00 late fee on the 404 number.

Your initial image shows a 404 number and your later image shows a 616-8xx number, so you seem to be very confused. What changes did you really make on your account?

You also show that you have almost all of the iPhone data plan options added and removed from your line, up to and including the Enterprise data plan. Who was making all of those changes? How many times did change your features?

Your bill shows a partial month from 6/15-7/3 (partial pro-rated bill) and your next full month bill from 7/4-8/3 (full billing cycle). You always pay one month ahead with AT&T. So your initial bill will include a partial pro-rated bill to get you to your billing cycle date and then you will see the full next month's billing amount.

I think we have now covered everything and you now need to call Customer Care if you still don't understand how to read your billing statement. :D

Dave

17. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816