WTF deleting mac messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frankiechan1, Jul 4, 2009.

1. frankiechan1 macrumors member

ok im really taked off by this.... i need to reinstall my msn messenger... doing a clean install.. coz i downloaded the leaked version of msn messenger8 for mac ok so i deleted the old one n searched for all the associated files by putting in "MICROSOFT" in the spotlight search deleted all of em.... n installed msn again n it still shows as msn 7... what the hell is going on i downloaded appdelete and tried that still no luck help please!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Try using something for your MSN contacts that doesn't suck, like Adium or even iChat. :D

Honestly, don't use Microcrap's excuse for a client.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I use Adium as well, but everyone has their own reasons for the software they use

OP, was there an uninstaller that came with the .dmg you had for your original version?

Maybe you can download it again and try to run it

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. frankiechan1 thread starter macrumors member

it doesnt come wit a dmg file but i got it all sorted out fk appdelete its such a ****** ass program.... appzapper all the way!

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Glad it worked out for you!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

I just converted to Mac and immediately installed Messenger for Mac and also immediately hated it!!!! So I now use Adium because well thats simple "ITS BETTER" and I can talk to my friends on Facebook without having a facebook tab open :D So much easier

7. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

You don't need to remove the old preference files to use the beta of version 8.

Download version 8, drag it to Applications, and you're done.