wTF....did apple do to my MVP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elgrecomac, Sep 22, 2008.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I had a video problem so I sent in my MBP to be serviced. I just found out they replaced the logic board , harddrive controller and the hard drive..... Ugh. What in the hell is going on here? Luckily I did a full backup of my system before sending it to apple. Comments?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They probably found some more problems when they ran the hardware test. It's normal. I'd be glad they fixed before it failed.

3. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you're upset because they went above and beyond.

Sometimes people need to just be thankful.

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

This is proof that people will complain about everything. Complain if they don't fix the problem and complain if they do fix the problem.

5. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Now you can't blame Apple for Tom Brady's weak kne... Ohh you meant MBP.

Don't whine about them replacing more than originally thought, did they charge you extra for it?

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

And if the OP bothered to read the repair contract it says clearly that the repair centre will not be responsible for any data lost, and to make sure you have a backup. Or they can do that for you for AUD$110.

"Dammit guys I hate you! Why did you put all that extra effort in and give me free stuff?!"

7. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

that's why people recommend that you backup and then erase the hdd before sending it in for service. sounds like they did a lot of work though. you pretty much have a new mbp now.

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

looks like they should have replaced your keyboard too:p

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Apple often goes above and beyond when repairing systems, even replacing things that don't have problems, but they want to make sure you system is at its best when you get it back.

TEG

10. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Your complaining about a new logic board and hard drive?

If its covered under apple care they just put about $700 in your computer for free.

If you don't want it i'll take it.

11. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

I see they didn't put in a new dictionary though...

MVP or MBP? You are a total OXYMORON...yeah look that up!!!

12. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

A couple of points for the smart-ass replies.....

1. I was just surprised that my HD and controller were swapped out with no explanation as to why.
    2. As for the spelling issues in my original post, well, you better not go there....the message was created on my iphone's 'keyboard' that is an absolute joke compared to a crackberry's keyboard. The iphone keyboard is conducive to errors and is difficult to go back and correct errors, unlike a crackberry's keyboard. I love the iphone but HATE the joke-of-a-keyboard.
    3. I did back up my computer via time machine prior to sending it to Apple. it had 10.5.5 on it and was 100% up to date in terms of patches/upgrades for other software BUT when the machine arrives at my home 'repaired', it was at OSX 10.5.4. Time machine struggled to restore the system but I finally got it back to working order...with 2 calls to Apple support.
    4. Oxymoron: A condensed form of paradox in which two contradictory words are used together, as in "sweet sorrow" or "original copy." Looks like YOU didn't look up the definition of the word....LOL!

13. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

Although, to be fair, judging by that sentence you haven't looked up oxymoron either! :p

14. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

haha this guy kinda just owned himself...if your gonna insult someone, make sure you know what youre saying!

15. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

16. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

my 2 cents..
    they should have replaced the " owner " of the MBP as well.

given the same situation.. 9 out of 10 people will be happy for all these replacements, considering they now have an almost NEW MBP..
    unfortunately, the OP is the 1 out of 10

:D