WTF does your iphone and/or ipad crash randomly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JayBlox, Sep 4, 2010.

1. JayBlox macrumors newbie

Seems my iphone 4 and ipad crash all the time. Safari and many other apps just close out. Another wacky thing which has happened a few times since getting the phone was Today my iphone 4 froze when deleting multitask apps and then reboted on its own. Anyome else having these problems? Did anyome fix the problem? If so how did you fix the problem.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, never had any of that.
    Try a restore and setup as new instead of restore from backup.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I have not had my iPhone 4 crash once since launch day. Apps have been good also.

4. weespeed macrumors 6502

My iPhone crashes sometimes. Couple of times it would get stuck in the camera app. I would have to reboot it to get it to function again.
    Safari on my iPad crashes constantly. It's annoying.

5. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

ip4 never crashed ipad never crashed
    try a restore
    take back to store

6. DoorMouse macrumors member

My iPhone has also randomly crashed- safari and photo app. It's also frozen up when I've tried to quit certain apps from the multi-tasking bar.

This is my first iPhone, so i didn't set it up from a back up or anything. I've had it 1 week now, and apart from the random crashes it seems to be working fine. So the crashing isn't normal? :confused:

7. weespeed macrumors 6502

Safari crashing seems to be normal, happens to a lot of people. Had all iterations of the iphone, and they all did it. Safari on my iPad crashes alot. I'm assuming it's because of memory. Happens when I have more than 5 windows open.

And there was no restore for the ipad it was new, same for the iphone 4.

8. azhava macrumors regular

Safari on iOS 4 seems to be the most stable it's ever been - haven't had one crash yet, despite usually having at least 3 pages open while using it. A couple of third-party apps have crashed once or twice, but never had anything get stuck to the point of requiring a reboot. No problems with the camera app or multi-task bar yet. My only issue with the iPhone 4 so far has been the proximity sensor...everything else works fine.

9. flashkai macrumors member

Almost every morning I wake up and my iPhone 4 has completely crashed, I mean it is not even on. I have to do a hard reset twice, if I hold the power and home button for about 30 seconds then release then do it again it will start up and that is the only way I can get it work. I have done a restore from fresh and from an older backup and it is still happening, it is odd because it only seems to happen when I am not even touching it.

I think I probably need to speak to Apple. I am going to wait for iOS 4.1 first to see if that makes any difference.

Kai

10. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

This definitely sounds like a problem, and not the normal "crash" once in awhile. Mine has only crashed maybe twice since launch (got mine a day before launch) and it has only been safari that has crashed. The fact that yours comepletely shuts down sounds far worse. Definitely make an appointment with apple.

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Mine has crashed once when doing a hard reset. It come up with the progress bar like when you install a new os update. It cleared my wallpaper off and some settings.

12. Menzo macrumors member

That happened to me today. Freaked me out. Had to do a reset to get back to life

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yes, I have an iPod touch (3rd G) that has become unstable ever since going to 4.0.

Not just Safari, but any app that uses the internet can suddenly exit. (Very clever how Apple does that without any notice, so they can pretend that nothing happened. Android should learn to close quietly instead of presenting the Forced Close warning. Seriously.)

I'll have to try the set-up-as-new method. Negates the concept of easy updates though.