Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I could just trash it and forgeddaboudit, but I thought I'd post about it too.

I was looking at my dock, just after watching a dvd, thought I'd put some music on. So I right-clicked on iTunes and went to click "play" but instead the standard menu came up for a closed program. (as in "Open" "Keep in Dock" etc.). BUT I could see iTunes was open. It was right infront of me.

Then I noticed another iTunes icon had appeared in the dock, at the bottom, with the little triangle open. I right clicked on this and selected "show in finder" - it went to where iTunes is located in Applications. To be sure, I checked the original non-open icon, and it pointed there to.

Left-clicking on the original icon brings the open version of itunes to the foreground, but other than that.... wha--?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I've seen that before with other programs, usually after a something gets wedged while opening and I restart it. It smells like a race condition in the way the dock tracks programs, but that's just wild-ass speculation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.