WTF give me the option for delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 15, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

So i finally got to the part where you can choose to have it home delivered or shipped to a store. But now it wont show up for home delivery [Add to Cart]

Considering i spent all day trying to get to this page, only to not find [Add to Cart] is BS.

2. wattsja macrumors regular

happened to me a BUNCH. Only advice I can give you (if you want delivery) is to start over. :(

3. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Are you sure you actually got to that part, or was there an error? Note that if Apple's server can't contact AT&T's server it will only allow the ability to pick it up at the store, this was happening to people earlier.

[​IMG]

That's what the page should look like, notice the "Decide where to get your iPhone" part.

4. wattsja macrumors regular

No, the OP is right .. when you get to the screen you posted, the left side (add to cart side) says there was an error and that you should reserve at the apple store where a genius will be happy to help .. or try back later (paraphrased).

The reason you got there and couldn't add it to the cart is that it never verified you with AT&T (the summary information on the right side is blank) so it won't allow you to add it to your cart because it doesn't know your rate plans or the official price to charge you.

5. ttech10 macrumors 6502

That's what I was saying, Apple couldn't connect to AT&T's servers so the only option is for you to pick it up at the store.

I had that error page a few times but as I have no Apple Store near me and AT&T doesn't show the iPhone 4 for me I was forced to spend 6 hours trying to get it ordered through Apple's website. Eventually after many tries I got the 'Add to Cart' page/option.

6. wattsja macrumors regular

Your right .. sorry, misread what you typed. Every time I would get that page (with no "add to cart"), I would have to start over because I wanted it delivered.