WTF HandBrake?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KrrSplat, Jul 12, 2011.

1. KrrSplat macrumors member

My HandBrake Rips seem slow to me. Anyone else experience probs with HandBrake speeds? I have a 2.93 i7 + 4 gigs o ram btw.

[​IMG]
    WTF Handbrake by KrrSplat, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-07-12 at 5.24.34 AM by KrrSplat, on Flickr

The rips will eventually speed up but they only gain about 15 extra FPS on OS X, on Windows 7 i gain about 10 FPS. With that being said, why does OS X rip movies faster than Windows 7 when HandBrake in Windows 7 uses more processing power?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

It could very well be your processing speed as well HDD speed. Once the movie is actually ripped it needs to be written on your hard drive. If you have a slower HDD on one computer, it is bound to take a little more time. I have the 2011 MBP (see sig) and take an average of 19 minutes to upload the movies (since yours is showing 36 mins I'm sure it has to do with the processing speed).

On a different note, Wanted was probably the worst movie I ever saw (no offense).

3. KrrSplat thread starter macrumors member

Im running boot camp, so handbrake is on the same computer. Im in the process of ripping our entire DVD collection, so thats like 600 ish movies. Wanted just so happened to be the first one i picked up.