WTF iOS8?? Siri not working, iTunes can't create backups, frequent BSOD

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SHNXX, Jun 24, 2015.

1. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Oct 2, 2013
    Jun 13, 2015
    Recently, I noticed that Siri was not working for me when I launch apps or check for weather.
    I thought maybe it's because of VPN or whatever but just now, I tried it multiple times, did a reboot, etc and it is not working at all.
    When I launch Siri by pressing the home button, I hear the sound but nothing happens after that.
    I know my microphone is working fine because I am able to make phone calls and record voice using the iPhone.

Did a reset. Nothing changed.

Was told to do a DFU, so I tried backing up my iPhone via iTunes but kept getting this message:
    iTunes could not back up the iPhone "[name]" because the iPhone disconnected.

Changed the Lightning cable to other ones I have (some of which should be OEM), all of them gave the same error.

So what the F do I do?
  2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
    Can you take it to Apple and have them take a look at it?
  3. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

Oct 2, 2013
    I did a DFU and it still seems to not work, so I guess I will have to take it in for service.
  4. bsbuggs macrumors regular

Jul 15, 2010
    hate to dig up an old thread,..but what was the outcome ?
  5. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

Oct 2, 2013
  6. claudenir.silva85 macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2015
    I'm having the same problem, but the I do not have an Apple Store close to my home...