WTF iPad 2 stopped working.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Camaro6700, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Camaro6700 macrumors member

I used it last about 3 hours ago and remember seeing it with 70% battery life left. I come back to use it and it wont turn on. I thought maybe something was running and ran down the battery. It has now been on the charger for 30 minutes and still wont turn on. What a bummer.

Anyone else having this issue?

Since I bought it from Best Buy should I go back to them and replace it or go to an Apple store to see if they will warranty it?

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Have you tried holding the power button and the home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until it reboots?

3. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Is your computer recognizing the device?

4. fanboy05 macrumors regular

Also try to sync it to iTunes to see if that helps, rebooting t would be my first try too though hold the home button and power button down for a good 10+ seconds to see if that fixes it

5. Camaro6700 thread starter macrumors member

Yup and it still wont turn on.

6. Camaro6700 thread starter macrumors member

I will check this when I get home from work as I don't have iTunes installed on my work computer.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

My ip4 did this once, it eventually turned back on but apple told me it was a hardware issue and gave me a replacement.

9. war eagle macrumors 6502a

My iPad 1 did this and when I finally got it to cut on it was in an infinite boot loop. Had to have it replaced by Apple.

10. Camaro6700 thread starter macrumors member

I know things like this happen and I am able to get it replaced I am just disappointed. I had to wait in line to purchase it and I will most likely have to wait for new stock to get it replaced.

11. C N Reilly macrumors regular

I wouldn't bother with Best Buy; there's probably no chance they have any left to exchange. Go to the Apple Store. They keep a certain amount of product in the back solely to be used for warranty swaps. At least, they're supposed to...

12. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Not with product this brand new. If they have any in stock, you are in luck, but if your iPad is DOA, odds are you will have to wait to get a replacement.

It sucks, but it is the truth.

13. Camaro6700 thread starter macrumors member

Oh I didn't know they would have stock for situations like this. I will head over there tomorrow and see if they can replace it. Thx.

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

This may be incorrect. Apple Stores should receive some brown box (but obviously new) replacement units along with the retail units. I had to have my iPad 3G replaced the day after they were released, and they had replacements available.

15. sers macrumors regular

16. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Try rubbing the connectors with a little rubbing alcohol. I read this works.

17. Zcott macrumors 68020

Try holding power and home while it's plugged into iTunes for about 30 seconds, then let go of the power button. The iPad should boot into recovery mode.

18. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Apple supposedly has replacement iPads. Some of them anyway.

19. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

This happen to my ip4 and when the battery ran out the phone came back on and I haven't had a problem since. I had scheduled a genius bar appointment which I canceled they were going to replace my phone. but from launch day I have not had any problems with my phone so I didn't want to replace it. Let the battery run out and then put it on the charger.

20. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

blow into the little hole at the top and pound on the screen with your fists. you just might be able to bring the little guy back to life!

21. 26.2 macrumors member

22. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Hold home and power for at least 30 seconds, see if this makes any difference.

23. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I was just going off of 3-4 posts I have seen here where people have had DOA units & when they brought them to the genius bar, they were told that they did not have replacements at that time & would not have them for a couple weeks at least.

24. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I went to get a replacement, they returned it and gave me a gift card to get one when the came in.

25. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like the battery might have crapped. Happened to my iPad 1 once. Took it to an apple store and they stuck some sort of voltmeter in it and it came back to life.