WTF! iPhone starts producing live emergency feed on MacBook!? Help???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pcs are junk, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

ok so let me explain this first, because things got a bit weird. so the other night, i successfully set up jaadu vnc on my iphone, got it to work on wifi and 3g. i didnt password protect cuz i figured what the hell. so it was open, my phone was in my pocket at the 1st page on the home screen and locked with a passcode only reacting to skin, so i went on safari and opened up macrumors. suddenly as i started to scroll down, it kept scrolling back up, even as i was trying to scroll down. i was like wtf, then i look down at vine server and it said 1 person was connected, so i quit vine server and it stopped. now its password protected. i didnt get mad cuz its probably something i would do too, guessing random IPs until u got one right. So okay...no biggy, some kids foolin around. But today was just freaking weird! So i was on facebook and macrumors, and decided to go to bed, so im sleeping, and my macbook puts on the screen saver...which starts playing this weird sound, so im like wow this is weird, maybe i havnt noticed this before with this screen saver (cosmos), cuz u know, spacey...they have like radios and stuff. so it bugged me and i changed it. then i realized my phone hadnt been charged all day and i plugged it in. out of nowhere my mac just started producing this live emergency feed through my mac! WTF!!??? i unplugged the phone right away, quit safari, and it still wouldnt stop. i had to turn off airport to get it to stop. so i plugged it back in and it didnt happen again. VERY STRANGE! i am currently running an antivirus scan with ClamXav, and hoping that maybe since the iphone interferes with similar interfaces such as speakers (when u here a random buzzing noise) that maybe a live feed was caught between the phone and the at&t tower, and getting transmitted through my wifi network to my mac. idk. crazy. but if any of u have any ideas on what this might have been please let me know. Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

tl;dr
    learn paragraphs and lay off the weed son.

Oh and it could be feedback.

3. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

tl;dr as well
    take an english class, lay off the weed and invest in some tinfoil.

4. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

wth are you people talking about? this is the internet, not a court room.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

oh oh oh! nevermind, i know what this was. it was from this kid. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=852134
    he posted a link, i clicked on it, and apparently it was a direct link to downloading a live feed. it opens in itunes, but itunes was hidden so i didnt see it...and its been playing this whole time. i just now went to turn on a song and noticed it.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

8. Resist macrumors 68030

Doesn't have to be a courtroom to use proper English.

9. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I agree.

10. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

hahahahah this is hilarious!!!

I am the person who made that thread with the link to the live feed on it. It is a live scanner feed for my fire department.

Hey, maybe you heard my on the air before. Did you hear "Centereach dispatch, Ladder 5, signal 2"???

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Maybe if the OP lays off the weed he will stop believing that Microsoft owns 40% of Apple... :rolleyes: